What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have got over 24 hours on one battery charge

jeff4h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What kind of battery life is everyone getting. I bought a ipad2 two days ago. Yesterday morning I charged it around ten in the morning. I used it a lot during the day setting it up and browsing the Internet. When I went to bed about eleven it had 55 percent left. I set it to play some pod cast and when one was finished it played the next one so it played all night. When I woke up it had 35% left. This is insane. Could I have got some kind of prototype battery by mistake or something. Ive not heard of anything like this. Not complaining mind you just cant believe it

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
quite normal. the newer your device is the better condition your battery is in, but even so, that sound pretty normal.

mine is now about a year old and i can easily spend a few days in a row browsing and listening to media before a re-charge is needed. i generally find gaming is the largest drain on charge, and, different operations drain at different rates. you'll get to learn this. i still easily get the full quota of non-stop browsing or video watching. it's amazing.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on how you're using it and what kind of settings you're running. If the podcasts were audio only, then it wouldn't soak as much compared to a video podcast. If you were running a memory/processor intense game or app, then that would soak your battery as opposed to reading a book. I've had 18 straight hours of Pandora when I first got my iPad.

wayneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get the free battery app, it shows how many hours you should have left running all the various apps, ie. games, video, music, browsing, etc... It varies quite a bit.

jimbo12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi jeff I bought my ipad2 off eBay so I think it could be 1 year old or something like that. I use the battery app for charging. I use the iPad every day and think I am getting a good ten hours out of the charge? Not bad for an old one.

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The main reason I had my boss buy me a ipad2 was the battery life. I literally charge it once every 5 days. I only use it for work, no games or nothing only emails calendar and dolphin browser .

Most reactions