What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got two cases. Some thoughts..

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am one who likes, to think, I think ahead of a problem. In this instance, an incoming iPad needs protection! I hit Google search and found this Tan Folio. It was a safe choice because it is traditional.

case1.jpg

...when the Pad came, I found I disliked zippers. I was only zipping up the sides because I just wanted to be able to slide the iPad in/out. The Tan folio can hold a few half sheets of paper and a pen. The little 'keepers' in the corner are pretty useless. No matter, I did not like the case opening like a book anyway; half sits off to the left - useless - taking up space.

case2.jpg

What I really wanted was a way to protect the Pad without futz'ing with luggage. I really needed a sleeve... I don't remember where I bought the Folio, but this leather sleeve came from HK via Ebay for about $18, delivered in about a week. I almost always prefer saddle leather colorings like Nutmeg, Oak, Pecan, etc..

Except I carry the iPad in my car and, even on the floor, this light leather color is waaaay too visible. By contrast, this black sleeve simply disappears sitting on the floor. Compared to a laptop, the fact the iPad is very thin is most helpful also.

Since I bought from Apple online, I did not get to see their case. I found some very nice wire stands for paintings (cheap at $4) that will hold the iPad up like an iMac if I use it stationary with the Bluetooth keyboard. (another great little item..)

If you are looking for something different. You need to search ETSY. This is a collective of thousands of individuals who make the offerings, everything from art to clothing. There are already many people making some very interesting iPad cases. Cheers.

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
Thanks for the report. I thought the same thing about the little elastic corners in the first one. I use a Belkin sleeve, but I agree with you about the zippers. I need to graduate to something better.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
ETSY is a cool place, bought from one of their stores before myself (not for the iPad) . Nice to support people who actually make things....

dancing bird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
much more choice for leather ipad case

Thanks for the report. I thought the same thing about the little elastic corners in the first one. I use a Belkin sleeve, but I agree with you about the zippers. I need to graduate to something better.

Hey, write-stuff. just want to recommend you much more leather ipad case from this link: KINROO Electronics Co.,Ltd. , hope there is any one you'll like. :):)

steph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TechSidebar.com
Ipad Case Evaluations and Links

Prior to buying my case, I did an in depth report on my website about many of the folio style iPad cases (it helped me decide what to buy). After reviewing all of my options, I went with a case from eBay that was a folio style (without zipper) that was dark brown buffalo leather. I already received it and it is very nice plus it also came with a screen protector. If you'd like to see my report about the selection of leather folio style cases that I considered prior to buying my case, please go to my website at Apple iPad Cases | Technology Sidebar and take a look. There's one on there that I really liked but couldn't justify the cost when most of the others were much less expensive. I ended up paying a little over $29 USD for my buffalo leather case. Anyway, you may want to look at my case evaluation at my website, it's pretty thorough.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice summary, Steph. I have the Crazy on Digital folio case, which works just fine for me right now. When Otterbox finally releases their 'Defender' line for iPad, I'm going to shell out some serious cash for the protection.

OP
Wetstuff

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nicely done Steph. It looks like my Folio-style is #15 on your list. A friend runs a Leather company in CT that has done a lot of short run, designer handbags .. and they have had talks with two NY designers. From what I glean, I think they feel that very few Dolce & Gabbana* level bags will be sold. They are guessing that the bulk of the market is <$50.

*not someone they mentioned - just an example.

steph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TechSidebar.com
Thanks for visiting my page and for your comments. I've had my hands full today with my new post that details the changes that AT&T is making to their data plan. Even though it is contradictory to what Apple is advertising, Apple doesn't seem to care (I just spoke with them by phone). Anyone with an iPad 3G should definitely look into it before you get a huge AT&T bill (kind of reminiscent of when the iPhone first came out).

Most reactions

Latest posts