What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How early should I get in line?

Skadoodat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the title says it all. Don't know how early I should get in line at my local apple store.

I haven't gone to a release like this, so I don't know what to expect.

I'm planning on getting the 16gb wifi which is one of the most popular, and would be of the ones to sell out the fastest.

Would around 10:00 am be good?

mark II

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.markhschneider.com
I'd like to think that would be more than early enough? I'm planning on visiting my local store at 1:00 after I finish some other work in the area, I would hope that 4 hours early would be sufficient. Yes the 16gb black wifi is likely going to be the most in demand, but it is also probably the one they made the most of :D

Mipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would really not get in line at all :)
that's madness

you will get your ipad 8-12-15 days later, with no lines, at the store or shipped, in a more human way :p
you will even be able to read pros and cons (eventual issues) from the first users

it won't finish like water in a desert, it will just temporarily be out, 3-8days depends where u live and the shops will be full of it again and again.

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother at all, either.

But if I were planning to do something like this, I would go as early as I could - say, 6-8 hours. The reason being that if you're far behind enough in the queue, you may run the risk of the store running out of the specific model and colour you want, especially if demand is high. Better to waste 6 hours and get what you want, than to waste 3 hours and have to settle for something else.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll probably just order online.

I'm debating trying my luck heading over at 5:30-6 or so (have a meeting at 3:30). My girlfriend got a 32 GB wifi (same model I want this time) hours after the launch day sales started. We have 4 or 5 Apple stores in the metro area which means a lot of stock and lines spread out more.

That said, the iPad is established now so demand may be higher. But at the same time, outside of hardcore fans, I doubt most people with iPad 1's will be upgrading at launch...

So I may just swing by after work, and if I don't get one go home and order online. Probably get the online shipment about the same time either way I'd think. Or maybe get it faster from putting my name on the store wait list if they happen to have sold out. I'll decide by Thursday evening in any case.

Hate hassling with going after work and maybe striking out, but I would like to have it to play around with over the weekend.

Last edited:

pencerm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth on this topic myself. I definitely want to pick up the iPad on launch day, and I don't mind a long wait. My only fear is stock running out. I actually have a final exam until around 11:30 that day, and I won't get to my Apple Store until noon.

Lucky for me, my Apple Store is located inside of a mall so people can't get in line until the mall opens at 10 am. I'm hoping there's no more than 20-30 people lined up by noon when I get there. If it's a circus I may try Best Buy. If the line is reasonable, I'll grab some Chipotle and hunker down for the afternoon :D

chriseo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a place to get updates friday? I have lots of options here in jersey. It would be great to find out best buy, target, walmart and apple updates friday 

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You're queuing now!!?? But - the iPad is only going on sale in Europe on March 25th (and you're in Germany) - that's real commitment...call if you need food/drink/recharge your iPad1/new microSIM..

Tim
Scotland

Kingv84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You're queuing now!!?? But - the iPad is only going on sale in Europe on March 25th (and you're in Germany) - that's real commitment...call if you need food/drink/recharge your iPad1/new microSIM..

Tim
Scotland

lol, thanks for the food and drinks. Am not going to wait in line. Am an American living in Germany, so am going to order from Apple online on Friday. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ipad2Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna get up to my mall with Best Buy early friday morning, eat breakfast etc. There is also a Walmart, Sam's Club AND Target in that mall so I will have other options. I'm gonna be calling a lot to see if someone sells early!

Most reactions