What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't get started with this ipad2.

Lucille12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this ipad2 for a few months now and still can't get it going. I'm having problems with Apple ID. It tells me to put in my name and email and the hit next and it tells me I timed out. I tried this over and over and still not getting anywhere with this. I must have put in a pass word but it won't accept what I have. I wish there was some place I could go that teaches how to use this and get it going. I bought this from QVC. Lucille12

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this ipad2 for a few months now and still can't get it going. I'm having problems with Apple ID. It tells me to put in my name and email and the hit next and it tells me I timed out. I tried this over and over and still not getting anywhere with this. I must have put in a pass word but it won't accept what I have. I wish there was some place I could go that teaches how to use this and get it going. I bought this from QVC. Lucille12

You can go to free classes at your local apple store.

Bob327

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MOST Best Buy stores usually have a free class once a week for both the iPhone and iPad.... also

Bob G

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Lucille - welcome to the forum! :) Please check this link on Setting Up an iPad and let us know 'how far along' you have gotten in this process - to me, sounds as if you are stuck at step 6? If so, I'm assuming that you have not been able to even use the iPad? Please provide some more information - you'll need to 'sort out' your Apple ID to continue the setup process - Dave

OP
L

Lucille12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you giradman, Bob327, and Maxtwo. I check for the closes Apple store and they have a few classes at the end of the month. I'll have to see my girlfriend to see where the Best Buy stores are and check them out. Your right giradman, this ipad is useless to me the way it is now. So now I guess I'll try and figure out how to use my new Mac computer. I've always used a PC so this will be different for me. This is a 13.3 inch and I was surprise at how heavy it is for the size. Thanks again. I let you know how things go. Lucille12

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you giradman, Bob327, and Maxtwo. I check for the closes Apple store and they have a few classes at the end of the month. I'll have to see my girlfriend to see where the Best Buy stores are and check them out. Your right giradman, this ipad is useless to me the way it is now. So now I guess I'll try and figure out how to use my new Mac computer. I've always used a PC so this will be different for me. This is a 13.3 inch and I was surprise at how heavy it is for the size. Thanks again. I let you know how things go. Lucille12

Good luck Lucille​ - the Apple store could certainly help you w/ setting up the iPad in addition to providing classes - also checkout the iPad User Manual which can be downloaded to your iPad for easy access. This spring we transitioned from PCs (already had iPads & an iPod) to Apple computers (a 13" MBPro for me & an iMac for my wife) - took a couple of months and a lot of reading on my part, but glad that we made the change. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts