What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i am to new to apple i need a bit of help please ?

bobsta_2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i have a ipad 32GB i cant get and flash player to work i got the ipad to edit my photo's on a website called flicker ? but say need abode flash ? is they any way around this i have downloaded about 3 webb browers and none work ? and i cant use my ipad to right back on forums? i have to us my pc ? thanks

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no flash on the iPad. There are some browsers/apps that most complain do not work.

I'm guessin you didn't research that little bit of info before buying, did you?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Flash isn't supported on the iPad. If that's a big deal, you should return it.

If the text box is grayed out in your browser, either click the a/A box in the upper right corner.

maxsassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure the skyfire app will help you but you can check it out and decide for your self. Check it out in app shopper.

J.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.HaxorNoob.com
Oh sorry to hear that bud but you should have done your research on the device before purchasing, if you want a device for flash you should either be using a PC, laptop or start looking at smartphones and other PC tablets.

In future, Google it before buying ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Though you can't use flash, it is still possilbe to add, delete, and edit your photos on Flickr. It's just a bit awkward.

Using a Flickr app like FlickStacker you can upload and download photos to Flickr, with reasonable control over your tags, albums, etc. When you do this the photos end up in the Photos app on the iPad. This turns out to be a good thing, since most image editing apps have the option to load and save to the Photo app's gallery as well.

So, you download your picture from Flickr, using your app of choice. It ends up in the default photo app on the iPad. You open your favorite image editor [there are dozens of choices] and import the picture from Photos. Edit, export back to Photos, and then use your Flickr app to upload it again.

See, simply convoluted. And you have to learn the quirks and methods of each app you chose, instead of just one web site.

It does have some advantages though. You are not limited to Flickr's editor. You can pick the one you want, or pick a dozen of the cheaper one trick ponies.

Also, while editing the photos you won't need to be connected to the internet. Just when you need to upload or download them. So you can grab a bunch you want and work on them any time you've got the iPad handy.

Most reactions