What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need HELP with syncing ipad with pc

msNancy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all!

Could someone help/tell me why i cant get my ebooks that are on ADE after syncing my ipad with my pc? I have managed to sync the music and photos except the ebooks. Adobe support told me that after syncing, the ipad icon should appear in my ADE so that transferring of ebooks is possible, however, this was not the case. The ipad icon is not appearing in my adobe digital editions.

I do greatly appreciate any help on this matter as i badly needed my ebooks on my ipad.

Thank you so much

Nancy

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From where did you get those ADE books, the library or an online store?

If from the library, you might want to try installing the app Overdrive or Bluefire Reader. They can read Adobe DRM'd books. If you got the books from an online bookstore, most of them have their own app. Well, except Sony, but I believe you can use Bluefire Reader for/with Sony books.

Once you have the ebook reader installed, I believe you might be able to drag 'n' drop those ADE books via iTunes. I'm not sure, though, because I usually get my books through the apps. I don't use iTunes to transfer...

Hopefully, some of this is of some use.

Marilyn

OP
M

msNancy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Marilyn,

I got the ADE books from online store and a few from the library. I have already downloaded bluefire reader in my ipad. But the transfer is not successful.

The other files sync just well except the ebooks.

In fact, i have uninstalled and re-installed bluefire several times but no luck at all. It maybe something technical. Im thinking about the passwords because i have been in touch with adobe and at some point they have given me new password!

Really confused now and at lost!

Nancy

OP
M

msNancy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Marilyn,

Does the ipad ask for adobe id and password at some point? I could not remember if it does, maybe i need to recheck the details i have inputted as i my mind has been so entangled with it!

Nancy

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you first opened Bluefire Reader, it should have asked you for your ADE userID and password. Once you've entered it - you're good to go. Note that if you uninstall, then REinstall Bluefire, you'll have to sign in again. Otherwise, once is enough.

Since syncing with iTunes doesn't work, try one of these solutions (have Bluefire installed on your iPad and ADE authorized):

(1) Open a cloud account (like Dropbox - free for 2GB of storage). Then, from your computer, put the e-book into the online storage. Then, go to the iPad, open the app for your online account and [try to] open the book. It won't - but it should offer you the opportunity to use the "Open In..." function. Select the Bluefire reader from the options list. The reader should open with your book.

Or...

(2) E-mail yourself the e-book. In the Mail app, press and hold the attachment (the e-book) to get the "Open In..." function. Again, choose Bluefire and then the app (and the book) should open.

Give either (or both) of those a shot? Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
M

msNancy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, will give it a go. Will keep you posted.

Most reactions

Latest posts