What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane Sandy

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still no power around here. Hard to find an open gas station.supermarkets on generators but nothing cold like milk in them.

Bobbi

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bennettb said:
Still no power around here. Hard to find an open gas station.supermarkets on generators but nothing cold like milk in them.

Bobbi

Oh my, that is terrible, I hope the situation improves for you soon, the storm was one thing but the aftermath is just on another scale.

The Archangel

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
another aspect of all this that i find absolutely disgusting is that someone tweeted that they were going looting,need a new tv and laptop they said.......unbelievable,how low can they sink!

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the other hand, poison ivy, most people are super kind. 2 neighbors with generators are powering refrigerators for the whole street so that no one loses their food. They could just be using that extra power to have heat in their houses.

Some one else has a gas stove and has been running around with thermos' of hot water so people can have a cup of tea.

Bobbi

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Humans can be good and kind and some can be horribly selfish

So pleased you are being looked after. It makes life more easy to bear. Hope everything is sorted out as soon as possible. I can't imagine life without electricity although I lived on a farm with just a generator. Hope never have to do again.

Keep in touch when you can Bobbi

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the other hand, poison ivy, most people are super kind. 2 neighbors with generators are powering refrigerators for the whole street so that no one loses their food. They could just be using that extra power to have heat in their houses.

Hello Bobbi - great story! My wife grew up in NJ and her family vacationed on the shore for years - she remembers a number of those places & amusement parks - really sad - BUT, good luck! Dave :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Some one else has a gas stove and has been running around with thermos' of hot water so people can have a cup of tea.

Bobbi
thats really good to hear,yes there are a lot of kind people too.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow. Well we used to live on pelican island, nj which is a barrier island. Looks like we may have lost everything but we have to stay positive.

Peace & Love

Tracy

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Well we used to live on pelican island, nj which is a barrier island. Looks like we may have lost everything but we have to stay positive.

Peace & Love

Tracy

My son drove from Mass. to nj with a generator. Warm at last.

Bobbi

Thinking of all of you. Hope things improve there.

Just saw the Hurricane Sandy Campaign effort last night. It was really sad to see homes demolished and the loss people had.

Take care.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bennettb said:
My son drove from Mass. to nj with a generator. Warm at last.

Bobbi

I've no idea how far that is but what a great thing to do. Amazing that you are still without mains power but good to hear that you have heat now.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts