What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP Solves the iPad Printing Problem

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
HP-ePrint.JPG
HP appears to have come up with a cloud-based solution for all those who’ve been wanting an easy way to print from their iPad, with its ePrint platform. This new platform will enable users to print from any email device to any new ePrint-enabled printer from anywhere in the world. Documents and files can be stored in the cloud and printed directly when needed.

HP’s new suite of web-empowered e-All-in-One printers for home and business (starting at $99) will be the first printers able to “talk†to the “Google Cloudâ€, without requiring a local proxy PC or web appliance, meaning that people will be able to access Google Docs, Photos and Calendar directly from their printers. A selection of new print apps from partners such as Yahoo!, msnbc.com, Facebook, Live Nation, Crayola, Reuters, DocStoc and Picasa Web Albums will also be available.

“We are once again revolutionizing printing to make web-empowered, cloud-enabled printing the new industry standard,†said Vyomesh Joshi, executive vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “We know that our customers want an easy way to print their content, anywhere, anytime. We’re making that a reality today by giving people the power to print from any web-connected device – smartphones, iPads, netbooks and more – to any printer in our portfolio above $99. The world has changed.â€

The HP ePrint platform works by harnessing the cloud to break down the barriers of distance and connectivity, enabling people to send the files that they want to print from their mobile devices, be they iPad, Blackberry, Palm Pre, etc, anytime, anywhere.

Every HP ePrint printer will have a unique simple email address enabling the sender to deliver a print the same way they would send an email message. Customers can also send documents to print through an HP ePrint mobile app on their smartphone device to a home, office or public print location such as a hotel. Customers will be able to send Microsoft Office documents, Adobe PDFs and JPEG image files, among others.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: HP

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem is, what if you want to, say, change how many you want to print or something?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sweet. Its a great idea regardless of the ipad function or not. I hope they can get all printers on a unified standard. I wont hold my breathe for that though.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the iPad is going to be for business, it has to print.

Yeah, we live in a greener world, and I love to pass my iPad around during meetings, but the boss needs that friggin report on his desk, not in his inbox.

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This isn't much of a solution. There are lots of people with other printers.

I think you missed the point. HP is offering a solution using their printers since Apple has not offered one for the devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts