What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readdle Launches Printer Pro 1.1 for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Readdle, the company behind PDF Expert for iPad, has today announced the launch of Printer Pro 1.1 for iPad, the latest version of their popular app for printing documents from the iPad, which lets users print PDF documents with highlights, text labels, signatures, hand-drawn notes and other annotations right from the PDF reader of their choice. According to Readdle, Printer Pro 1.1 is the first and only app that can print annotated PDF documents with the mark-up preserved.

Printer Pro 1.1also now integrates with Apple’s AirPrint, which currently works with HP ePrint-enabled printers and with printers shared through a Mac or a PC, with more compatible printers to come.

The app also has the ability to save any MS Word, MS Powerpoint, web page or TXT file as a PDF, with only a few taps required to transfer the document via “Open in†file-sharing protocol.

"Students, sales people, lawyers, scientists and other professionals who edit PDF documents on the iPad need a simple way to print their editing. With Printer Pro 1.1 they can print annotations directly to many Wi-Fi printers and to any printer attached to the Mac or PC via helper application that runs on the computer," says Alex Tyagulsky, Readdle CMO.

Click here to download the app for $6.99: Printer Pro for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Readdle

edwardavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print v3.4.1 works

The Print v3.4.1 app from App Store works perfectly with the wireless Epson Workforce 520 that I have on my home network. I'm just surprised that a simple app like this is not included with the iPad.

pgilbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad comes with a print app but it currently only works on HP printers. You would think they would expand that capability to other manufacturers.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad comes with a print app but it currently only works on HP printers. You would think they would expand that capability to other manufacturers.

Fortunately, there's a work-around for that shortcoming.

It works well in my experience. I had one installation on an XP.home system that quit working after a week or so. I had to stop and restart the airprint service and all has been well since.

Malco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW it works great with my home network and an HP 3600 color LASER printer.

Most reactions

Latest posts