What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use iPad Stock Application "Messages" ?

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have still not been able to figure out what does the "Messages" stock application on iPad mean ? What is it used for ? What does it do ? What can I use it for ? I can't send and receive SMS like an iPhone in it, so what is it meant for in a iPad ?

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vish26 said:
I have still not been able to figure out what does the "Messages" stock application on iPad mean ? What is it used for ? What does it do ? What can I use it for ? I can't send and receive SMS like an iPhone in it, so what is it meant for in a iPad ?

As far as I can work out you can only use the Message to send messages to other Apple products (iPad, iPhone etc) which to me is really annoying.......

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love my iMessages...I hope that is what you are referring to, that is!

Yes, you can send messages to others that have Apple mobile devices/iPads...as linf as thry are running IOS 5 or greater. I think it s a great thing, especially now that we have equipped our families with an iPad each...we can communicate easily thru iMessages.

For me and my family it is really convenient to talk and share pics with each other. :)

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can somebody please further let me know how do I do that ? I have a iPhone 4s and a iPad-2 running iOS 5.1 I wanna test it ?

ripipemender

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vish26 said:
Can somebody please further let me know how do I do that ? I have a iPhone 4s and a iPad-2 running iOS 5.1 I wanna test it ?

Use the phone number or email address associated with the contact for the device.....phone number. For the iPhones and email for the iPad . Use this all the time. When using t message program on either it should show iMessage for the person you are trying to message.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

1. Go to settings/Messages.
2. Turn messages "on"
3. Verify your email/phone number for which you would like to "receive" messages.
4. Can change email to another by pressing the email shown. Will take you to "add another email" option.
5. Go to messages and send to friend.

Most reactions