What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Upgrade your iOS Jailbreak

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Agentsmith07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just one thought ...

With a jailbreak iDevice, you can run any code you want. Let it be tethered and with iOS 4.3.5 In that case why to to install a program with some exploit say a safari with malicious code and visit jailbreak me site with that ? Will it jailbreak the device untethered same way it does with iOS 4.3.3 ?

I am not a hacker or something .. So I post may be a complete foolish one .. But just a thought :)

San1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone here install Phoneltipad (phone application for ipad), back it up using Pkgbackup, uninstall it, and then try to restore it from Pkgbackup. It seems didn't work for me.
The idea is, I use this app occasionally, so when I don' t use it, I want to uninstall it, because it reduce my RAM about 10-15 mb, for that some program won't work for notenough memory. But when I want to use it, I think it's easier for me to restore it from Pkgbackup rather than download and install it from the web, ekspecially when I am in the area that has no network or wifi.

Last edited:

San1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what is Phonetipad

Phoneltipad is a tweak (application) that can turn your ipad like iphone, so you can make/receive phone call or sending message. But your Ipad must Jailbroken & also have 3G.

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
San1967 said:
No, I used both Addressbook and Dropbox. When there's no internet, I can restore from Addressbook.

No you are misunderstanding how it works. You can't restore properly without the Internet. Pkgbackup does not store your apps in the address book. Just a reference for where to restore them from which is exactly the same as installing it through Cydia. You will get no benefit using it how you describe above.

Q3castle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help !

hey I can't downgrade my iPad 2 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 iTunes gives me that error:THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUEST BUILD what should I do ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey I can't downgrade my iPad 2 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 iTunes gives me that error:THIS DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUEST BUILD what should I do ?

Your question was answered in post #61 of this very same thread.

If the solution offered did not help - please let us know that it did not. Don't just re-post the same question.

Thanks.

Marilyn

San1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
San1967 said:
No, I used both Addressbook and Dropbox. When there's no internet, I can restore from Addressbook.

No you are misunderstanding how it works. You can't restore properly without the Internet. Pkgbackup does not store your apps in the address book. Just a reference for where to restore them from which is exactly the same as installing it through Cydia. You will get no benefit using it how you describe above.

Are you sure, phoneltipad not an application, it's a tweak. And I could see it at Pkgbackup from addressbook (restore section).
As you can see it in my picture. it's inside the 92 packages.

Attachments

• IMG_0243.PNG
    IMG_0243.PNG
    154.3 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts