What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer files & data from a physical USB drive?

ronnie88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, am a newbie and happy to use iPAD 2 as my basic tool whenever I travel. During my recent business trip, I encounter a problem of transferring and retrieving a file from my client's USB drive (even with Apple Camera kit) when we were in the field. Can anyone here help me on this issue (without Jail Breaking)? Thanks.

TaildraggerJ3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync your pad to your computer then plug the USB into the same computer and transfer files via iTunes.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Ronnie - certainly using your computer would be a solution, along w/ wireless/email options; however, if your goal is to be 'in the field' and load client data from their USB flash drives w/ your CCK, the simple answer (of course w/o jailbreaking) is NOT possible. Bottom line is that you'll have to find a different solution - good luck! :)

Most reactions