What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer existing account to new Pro?

Grace37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My present ipad is a 4-year old , 9.7 in. Pro. I now need to buy a second Pro, a 12.9 in. and to transfer my present account over to it.
Problem is, I am an old visually impaired person with no-one to help me in this task. I’m finding it hard to get around the web looking for appropriate directions - may-be here I might find some kind soul that could point me to reliable information? Some acquaintance has told me that the procedure for transferring an account (and ending up with the same account on two ipads) is no joke. I just hope I can manage if I follow a clear guide. I’d be so thankful for any bit of help.
Cheers, Grace.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

First of all, backup your current device. There are a few methods, depending on your preferences:

That done, transfer the information to your new device. There are also a few ways to get this done:

Usually, the procedure is not that difficult.

Most reactions

Latest posts