What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still baffled by Apple. Or, well, a bit.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nice thought Dave, but it's BECAUSE of Christmas that I have no discretionary income. Well, that and smoking. I really should quit.

Well, I gave up smoking 'good' cigars years ago, just to spend the money saved on better wines - OH MY! Men's hobbies/habits can be expensive! ;) Dave

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I gave up smoking 'good' cigars years ago, just to spend the money saved on better wines - OH MY! Men's hobbies/habits can be expensive! ;) Dave

You got that right. And WHY do I want a Mac Mini? Because it's SUCH a chore having to take my MBP out of its bag when I get home. I even have to plug a HDD in.

Actually, I'm going to donate the Vista beast to the kid when I get the Mini. The wife cheaped out on his laptop and as he heads toward High School, it's simply not going to cut it. The Mini will run Jriver and be used as a music server and pretty well nothing else. That means I can go bare bones, maybe even refurb.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm always happy when someone starts to enjoy using the IOS system. I've been a very long time Win person (since its beginning until last Fall when I gave up my custom built PC for a Macbook Pro 15") but started with an Ipod and then bought Ipad One the first month--and have gone through an Ipad 3, Ipad Air (which I keep for streaming primarily ) and now the 12.9" Ipad Pro--which I love along with the Pencil-and do use for both business and personal. But--I find I am able to use the Ipad Pro for probably 90% of my computer use.

When I got the Ipad One I ended up becoming the unofficial IT Ipad person for a lot of friends and family as they added their own ipads LOL--finding and trying apps or combinations of them to fill needs, explaining how to use controls and buttons, doing a lot of screenprints with text and added handwritten graphics (markups in photos in IOS 10 makes this so much easier) to lead friends from further distances thru using an app or combos of apps or how to use the controls, menus and pages. I find this forum acts similarly for a lot of people. There's a lot to explore and use in IOS and unless you just enjoy that part of the experience, a lot of it will just be missed--but this is the place to come to get help, to find a way to use your Ipads for real needs and wants. So, this is an especially terrific thread I think

Diane

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's how it works.

Someone asks you a question. You ask them for time to figure it out. You ask the forum the question. Someone answers. You give that person a like, or add reputation, or a thumbs-up, whatever. You give the answer to your acquaintance. They buy you a beer. I love forums.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple users love to help each other. I found that out early on when I started out with my first iPad. Complete strangers in a café would answer my questions Apple related!

Wow. That took me back. I was in a bar in BC a few years ago. The server had an Apple laptop and couldn't find her photographs so a couple of us were trying to figure out what had happened. It was quite difficult to concentrate because one of those helping was (how can I put this?) a young lady who was paid to remove her clothes. She had just finished her routine and hadn't bothered to get dressed.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Come on Kevin ( how can l put this ) you pretend to be so innocent. The young ladies are called Strip****
You can fill in the rest for sure [emoji3]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Most reactions

Latest posts