What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new IPad Pro 9.7 thoughts.......

Reddrob97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my new space grey 9.7 32 GB a few days ago. Hands down my best IPad yet! I've owned a third generation, air, and mini 3. Previous iPad displays were worth the price of admission, but man this one rocks. It's brightness is plenty bright at only 35%! Sound is also perfect. I felt the mini sound just wouldn't crank up enough, and the air noticeably louder than that. The pro is everything plus some good depth and bass. Music is better, and a good action movie rocks. Of course the A9X makes for faster processing on everything. My only gripe is the bad taste in my mouth from the price. $599 for a 32GB wifi only model is flat out gouging Pro 9.7 not worth a penny over $499. Even with all the upgrades. The fact is, that 16GB is a thing of the past and shouldn't even be an option (nor should we be charged for IPad starting at 32GB where it should already be). Quad speakers also don't merit any extra bucks. Ipad should have BEEN stereo years ago. A9X? Nope not worth more. Display improvements? Nope not worth a penny more either, a retina improvement with each model is why we buy overpriced IPads. They could have easily called it an Air 3 with all these "Pro" improvements and made it $499 for a 32GB wifi only model. They'd still make a killing, as they spend sub $200 in producing each of one these, at the most. Fact of the matter is, $599 is robbery! Charging me $100 over the already premium IPad base price of $499 is not helping with my Apple loyalty.

OP
R

Reddrob97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, I did purchase it. I can explain why too. I saved up $500, and was about to get an Ipad Air 2. But then realized how old Air 2 was, and that an Air 3 was to be announced at the next Apple event. Of course I thought I'd be able to get an Air 3 16GB for $499! Then we were all hit with the Pro 9.7 and a $599 starting price point! I could either use the $500 I had for an Air 2 64GB, or save $100 and just get the 16GB Air 2 for $399. Or I could pay a $100 more for features that should have been added without the additional cost.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
glad you love it!

pricing is always an issue. i have a 12 incher, white pointy thing and keyboard. cost a small mortgage. is it over priced and extortionate? well, thats subjective and an issue of personal opinion. possibly so, but didnt stop my buying. and i hold no grudge towards Apple - it's what they do. how they market. up to me to take it or leave it. considering their place in the world market they cant be that wrong.

OP
R

Reddrob97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you. It was my choice to buy or not. In the case of the ipad 9.7....I just didnt see anything to merit an extra $100. 32GB ahould have been the starting point for memory at this point. Mono speakers were way out of date, a retina display improvement, and the fastest A9X are expected. I think $599 was a good price for the wifi + 4g model, or $599 for a 64Gb wifi only, just not the base model.

Most reactions

Latest posts