What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell the difference between chargers?

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Msax, once you've determine which is the iPad charger, label it or use a sticker, marker or whatsoever to identify it.

I have 3 similar chargers and I had to label it accordingly.

I can't see the super-fine print unless I use a magnifying glass.:)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I did to differentiate between an iPad and an iPhone/iPod adapter:

a7a1bd1c.jpg

raven_blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I realize that this thread is kinda like almost a year old, but would just like to share anyway.

Between myself n my partner, we have 2 very early nanos ( the white ones with scrolly circle bit and metal back, like an iPod classic), one of those slightly newer nano ( still round scrolly, curved shaped) , 2 iPhone 4 , both hooked up to mophie cases ( one plus and one air) an iPad 2 and an iPad. So you can see we have a massive number of chargers.

One thing we realised: doesn't matter what your device is, feel free to plug into iPad charger. Everything just winds up charging faster on it coz of the stronger current. Nothing will blow up. And doesn't matter about the cable, they are all the same.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
raven_blackhart said:
One thing we realised: doesn't matter what your device is, feel free to plug into iPad charger. Everything just winds up charging faster on it coz of the stronger current. Nothing will blow up. And doesn't matter about the cable, they are all the same.

I still have a Firewire charger, which only works on our oldest surviving iPod.

Most reactions

Latest posts