What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone charger for the ipad? USB

mbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Yesterday i got my Ipad from the US, and as you all know we have a different power current in our houses.

And my question is, i have an SE vivaz pro charger with a usb connection.
So i was wondering can i use this charger to charge my ipad instead of buying a new charger for 41$?

It outputs 5VDC and 700ma :)

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple charger that comes with you iPad will work most anyplace in the world with a plug adapter to adapt to the local types of plugs, available in most electronic stores world wide. The Apple charger works on 100vac to 240vac, 50-60 hertz (cycles) it's written on the charger in very fine print. The charger you are talking about should charge the iPad, but slowly, just charge it over night and you should be fine. Same applies to your computer USB ports, just a little slower charging, but it is charging despite the "No Charge" message on the iPad.:)

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Same applies to your computer USB ports, just a little slower charging, but it is charging despite the "No Charge" message on the iPad.:)

It doesn't actually charge through the USB port while the screen is on, although it does not discharge either. If the screen is off, it will charge at a slower rate. There are now some powered USB hubs that supply enough power to charge while the screen is on. I have a Belkin one at home that does this.

Most reactions