What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if you have an iPad 3?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
madein1974 said:
My ipad has on the box model no A1416, year 2012... but i dont see any mic icon on my keyboard... any suggestions ?

To turn on the dictation feature go to;settings-general- keyboard- dictation.Set the dictation feature to on and the Mike icon will appear on your keyboard.

Last edited:

madein1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a new iPad wifi only, forget the number on the box though, if you are unsure check to see if the same number is on the back of your iPad.

The Archangel

It says A1416 at the back of the ipad too.

To turn on the dictation feature go to;settings-general- keyboard- dictation.Set the dictation feature to on and the Mike icon will appear on your keyboard.

Thanks dude. I was really worried because I could not see this in Keyboard options... but - I changed language to English and voila - dictation function appeared... so now i am sure i have new ipad. But still, it is weird that when I changed the language, menu changed to...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which language was your keyboard on when the dictation feature was not visible.Currently,only US,Uk and Australian English as well as French,German and Japanese are supported.

madein1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which language was your keyboard on when the dictation feature was not visible.Currently,only US,Uk and Australian English as well as French,German and Japanese are supported.

The language I use is Slovak. (My wife thinks she doesnt understand english...)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
madein1974 said:
My ipad has on the box model no A1416, year 2012... but i dont see any mic icon on my keyboard... any suggestions ?

You only get the mic if you are connected to the Internet since the dictation has to be sent to apple servers for conversion to text.

Most reactions

Latest posts