What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if you have an iPad 3?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
If you buy the New iPad, then you know you have
the New iPad. If you buy the iPad2, then you know you have the iPad2.

AA

Granted;but for someone buying a used,unboxed iPad,he should know how to tell the difference.

ElderDruid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd you find yourself using it as a hand warmer, then you have the new iPad. ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you hear a sucking sound from your wallet as you exceed your 4g data limit you definitely have an iPad 3.

syedqurat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when you just switch on your iPad you see your version. If i am not wrong.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
If you hear a sucking sound from your wallet as you exceed your 4g data limit you definitely have an iPad 3.

Or if you have your iPad 3 Wi-Fi version tethered to your iPhone for 4S on a grandfathered AT&T "unlimited" 3G plan you not only hear the sucking sound but you get a message from AT&T that says the following:

ATT Free Msg: Your data usage has reached 3GB this month. Using more than 3GB in future billing cycles will result in reduced speeds. You can use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds. Visit www.att.com/datainfo or call 866-344-7584 for more info.

At least they didn't charge me for the message!

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just bought my husband an ipad2 yesterday. There are no differences on the box compared to my new iPad box (other the info on the back). Also what I thought was very weird is the back of his iPad just says "iPad" not "ipad2"

virginblue4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just bought my husband an ipad2 yesterday. There are no differences on the box compared to my new iPad box (other the info on the back). Also what I thought was very weird is the back of his iPad just says "iPad" not "ipad2"

And the background picture on the iPad itself. On the iPad 2 it's a grey background with a light blue top and the new iPad has a picture of the sea.

madein1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad has on the box model no A1416, year 2012... but i dont see any mic icon on my keyboard... any suggestions ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madein1974 said:
My ipad has on the box model no A1416, year 2012... but i dont see any mic icon on my keyboard... any suggestions ?

That is a new iPad wifi only, forget the number on the box though, if you are unsure check to see if the same number is on the back of your iPad.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts