What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if my Ipad 3G is AT&T or Verizon

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting my new ipad 4 tomorrow. I'm selling my ipad 2 on Craigslist and people keep asking is the 3G is with AT&T or Verizon. I know it's AT&T because that's my carrier but I'd there another way to tell? It should say so on the box or the ipad shouldn't it? Honestly I thought as long as you had 3G it would work on whatever carrier the person had.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Settings | General | Carrier

It does say on the box.

OP
JoshuaMoore

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see it in settings, can't find it on box though. When I bought it at the store I didn't know the carrier was set in stone though. Oh well, learn something new everyday . Thanks for the quick reply

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see it in settings, can't find it on box though. When I bought it at the store I didn't know the carrier was set in stone though. Oh well, learn something new everyday . Thanks for the quick reply

It is on the sticker on the back of the box. It has to be on there otherwise they would not know which version is which.

For carriers, they are always set in stone....it cellular, the phone network. Your phone generally is tied to a carrier.

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score

How did u pay the bill if you didn't know who your carrier was?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts