What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[How To] Sync photos to your iPad with iTunes

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had over 10,000 pictures that I was loading onto my iPad. <snip>
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Thank you for the extensive feedback about your iPad photo experience. May I ask how many GB's does your iPad's Capacity indicator show for your photos? It seems like 10,000 would be a lot. TIA.

Welcome again and enjoy!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Surely there is a work-around for restoring deleted photos! gotta be.
Maybe delete the cache in iTunes?
Rename folders?
rename photos?
Crop photos?
Resize photos?

Glad to know about this issue. Thought iPad would be a great help in editing photos and creating albums - using that and computer together I can get a better overview when I organize things.
Are talking about recovering photos you've deleted from your iPad (and for which you do not have the originals on an SD card or your computer)? If so, have you synced and backed up your iPad since the photos were deleted? If you haven't synced your iPad since the photos were deleted you may be able to recover them by restoring your iPad to an earlier backup.

To restore your iPad from the last backup:

1. Connect your iPad to your computer.
2. Immediately stop the automatic backup that may begin by clicking on the small "X" in iTunes progress area at the top of the iTunes screen. (You must do this to prevent data from overwriting the earlier backup.)
3. Right-click or Control-click on your iPad (listed in the left-hand menu of iTunes).
4. Click on "Restore from backup"
5. In the pop-up ensure that you pick your iPad (if you have more than one device associated).

Doing this will restore your iPad to the last backup created. If your photos are part of that backup they should be included in your Photos app.

Note that doing this will remove any photos or other data added to your iPad since the last backup.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I transfer pictures from my computor to iPad?
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum. With respect to your question, click on the links "iPad for Beginners" and "iPad User Manuals" to learn how to use your iPad with your computer.

More information about syncing photos on your iPad here as well:

iOS: Syncing with iTunes

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/4621-how-sync-photos-your-ipad-itunes.html#post33752 (The first post of this thread)

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:

ejsmommy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is wonderfully detailed but the photos are "no longer available" I and can't quite figure it out. I know I'm close but - so far, no cigar. Any possibility of re-posting pics?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ejsmommy said:
This is wonderfully detailed but the photos are "no longer available" I and can't quite figure it out. I know I'm close but - so far, no cigar. Any possibility of re-posting pics?

Unfortunately that member hasn't posted for around 8 months so I think you may be out of luck.

The Archangel

estewart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Synching Photos

Used to have the entire photo library on my iPad and loved having them there.

Now I am getting the message: "Attempting to copy to the disk 'Edith's iPad' failed. A duplicate file name was specified."

I do not understand how to remedy this problem.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used to have the entire photo library on my iPad and loved having them there.

Now I am getting the message: "Attempting to copy to the disk 'Edith's iPad' failed. A duplicate file name was specified."

I do not understand how to remedy this problem.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

With respect to your question, I ran into something very similar once and this support article from Apple took care of it.

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

iPod IPhone iPad Photo Cache folder repair

If you're syncing from an iPhoto or Aperture album, use these steps to find the iPod Photo Cache folder in the default iPhoto Library or Aperture Library location:
1. From the Finder, choose Home from the Go menu.
2. Once there, open the Pictures folder and locate the iPhoto Library file. (For Aperture, this is called Aperture Library.)* If you have moved your iPhoto Library or Aperture Library to a different location, go to that location in Finder first.
3. Control-click the iPhoto Library or Aperture Library file and choose Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.
4. In the next window, locate the iPod Photo Cache folder and drag it to the Trash. Important: Do not remove or modify any other file within the library package. Removing or modifying other files may cause data loss.
5. Close the Finder window.*

I'm not sure doing that will fix your issue, but it's worth a try. Others may have some more suggestions. As usual, be sure you have everything backed up first.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Welcome again and enjoy!

smokeey11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Matth3w As a first time Apple owner and former PC lover I love my ipad2 and you are an excellent instructor.....THANKS..

The only possible teeney tiny bothersome issue for me has been pictures and picture management. This makes it somewhat easier...and is the best tutorial I have found yet. Again THANKS
Happy Haloween..

glcayg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there,
Transferring of files sometimes create problem in iPad, same i have transferred the files from iPod and these files are now missing after a saved it on iPod. To restore jpeg photos from frozen iPod was really a hard task but i have downloaded the software from internet even though it was trail version but have done a lot...you can also try it can also transfer the picture.
exceed www before ipodphotorecovery.com/restore-jpeg-images-from-ipod-frozen-due-to-error-1429.html

Regards
Gacly

Ukjules

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies if I'm being thick, but I don't have the word 'photos' mentioned anywhere in iTunes. I've worked through the whole thread and I think I'm must be missing something obvious. I like to think I'm very PC savvy but I have no clue with Apple, help!

steelwb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ukjules said:
Apologies if I'm being thick, but I don't have the word 'photos' mentioned anywhere in iTunes. I've worked through the whole thread and I think I'm must be missing something obvious. I like to think I'm very PC savvy but I have no clue with Apple, help!

I'm new to this forum but I scroll through my documents on PC to find photo stream drag the photos to sync in the folder open iTunes and then sync my iPad and this puts the on the iPad.

Janketer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know that much, but only know that you have to be careful, because the transfer program is very easy to lead the data get lost ,

Most reactions

Latest posts