What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to simply link Ipad to picture library on PC.

vj531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Day 3 with new Ipad 3 16gb.

Trying to set up a very simple link to my Win7 Pc so my Mrs can simply view all our pictures on our Ipad - we have 60GB worth.

Dont want to transfer them to a drop box or Photo Stream. It would have been good to make the Photo Stream just point at Libraries\Pictures as a share.
Dont want to have to link the whole machine as with Splashtop if I can help it. Want to keep it very simple.

Thanks

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vj531 said:
Day 3 with new Ipad 3 16gb.

Trying to set up a very simple link to my Win7 Pc so my Mrs can simply view all our pictures on our Ipad - we have 60GB worth.

Dont want to transfer them to a drop box or Photo Stream. It would have been good to make the Photo Stream just point at Libraries\Pictures as a share.
Dont want to have to link the whole machine as with Splashtop if I can help it. Want to keep it very simple.

Thanks

How about Flickr? You can upload to that and make it a private server,not sure of the limit you can upload,also consider a wifi hard drive, lots of people go this route with great success, I am thinking of doing this myself.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check out FileBrowser and Goodreader for accessing shares across the network. I think FileBrowser is better in terms of accessing SMB or windows shares.

OP
V

vj531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that people.
Is it possible with any of these to setup an icon on the Ipad just to go to My pictures on the my desktop pc?

Stephen

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vj531 said:
Thanks for that people.
Is it possible with any of these to setup an icon on the Ipad just to go to My pictures on the my desktop pc?

Stephen

I don't believe so. All this is happening within the app, so you would have to go into the app each time. Apple sand boxing. The only shortcuts I'm aware can go on the home page are web page links from Safari.

Most reactions