What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set up I pad for my wife?

Reptile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've just purchased a second ipad for my wife and am currently setting it up. My question is do i need to set it up in my name using my account and selectively sync applications to her ipad or can I set it up using her name on my account. What I am cncerned about is my confidential or personal data being transferred to my wife and visa versa, this is especially important with e mail and i pages docs etc.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi , and welcome here , i suggest you to set a new account but you will have to repaid all app’s …

you can set many ipad you want with the same account and select manually app’s and email account , but the note will be save in the same place.

My self we have 3 ipad at home, and all are under the same account (only in my Mac) , and i set one by one all field i want to sync and that work , only one iPad have the note (my one :D ) even the picture you can set different folder and no problem.

For the doc all will also be at the same place

Hope that help

OP
R

Reptile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll do what you reccomend and just sync them individually, the only problem I may have is with contacts and calenders etc.:confused:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have the ideal solution for that problem in our house -- two computers, two accounts (but both tied to the same debit card). It has nothing to do with trust or co-mingling "sensitive" data, but I use my computer primarily for my main hobby (amateur radio) and she keeps track of the household finances and personally pays the mortgage for the CEO of BigFish Games on hers! She syncs her iPods on her computer and I sync my iPod and iPad on my computer and never the twain shall meet!

Besides, her taste in music sucks and she feels the same way about mine so this works out really well!

OP
R

Reptile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice looking dog in your avatar, I guess it's a husky?

Here's a photo of my two pups, Harry and honey bro and sister from the same litter 14months old! harry and honey.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice puppies! The dog in my picture is a Husky/Malamute mix named Kodiak. Sadly he died about 2 years ago. He was almost 15 so I use this picture of the 2 of us to honor his memory.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll do what you reccomend and just sync them individually, the only problem I may have is with contacts and calenders etc.:confused:
For contacts , you just have to set different contact list and point each iPad on dedicated folder

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can still share apps and not have to share pc or other choices.. You can also use one pc and two identities so she can have her own iTunes account..

Once you've createdvthe second account (whichever layoutbyou choose), log out then resign in but use your account, then authorize that iTunes while youre logged in.. Now download any apps you purchased that she wants... Then log out of your I'd and log into hers, sync her iPad as she wants it and you've shared apps without sharing other data... Do the same in reverse on your pc/identity and whenever either of you purchase an app that the otherbwould like, sign in with their ID download sign out and sync.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two computers just sounds so much easier!

You are right,
my wife have her own PC, but she don’t know (and want), to set her device , so i have to do it … i am sure you know the sentence: what women want :) … i am OK with that and is not a big trouble since you made the full settings for each device

OP
R

Reptile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice puppies! The dog in my picture is a Husky/Malamute mix named Kodiak. Sadly he died about 2 years ago. He was almost 15 so I use this picture of the 2 of us to honor his memory.

He looks like a great dog, and I'm sure that you must have so many great times with him. I lost my last two dogs within 3 months of each other in 2007 and it's really tough when they go.

Most reactions