What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small problem that I need help with!

Lgb0250

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my IPad for quite awhile now but we just got my wife's IPad today and in the process of setting it up.

We set her up a mail account with no problems except its syncing with mine!! I was showing her how to delete my folders in iCloud on hers when all of a sudden I realized they were disappearing from my IPad also! Not good.

Do I need to set her up her own iTunes account in order for both of them not to sync together? I named hers different from mine but it doesn't appear that that is enough.

Thanks for the help

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've had my IPad for quite awhile now but we just got my wife's IPad today and in the process of setting it up.

We set her up a mail account with no problems except its syncing with mine!! I was showing her how to delete my folders in iCloud on hers when all of a sudden I realized they were disappearing from my IPad also! Not good.

Do I need to set her up her own iTunes account in order for both of them not to sync together? I named hers different from mine but it doesn't appear that that is enough.

Hi & welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that your wife's account is setup w/ a different login name and password (regardless of using the same email client - we use Yahoo)? If so, I'm not sure why you may be having the issues described - I don't use iCloud, so not sure if that would be a consideration - others may have to help?

Now, I've had an iPad 2 for 2 yrs and just bought my wife an iPad Mini - I set her up through my Apple account so we could download my purchases to her iPad, so far has worked fine for us - not sure that there is an easy answer to your question, but please post back your specifics on setting up your wife's account and how you may be using iCloud - good luck! Dave

OP
L

Lgb0250

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Looks like once I deleted my iCloud account from her IPad and then set her up with a separate account, all is well. Unfortunately I lost several folders from my IPad before I realized what was happening. Live and learn I guess.

Again, thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts