What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to see all 24 hours of a day in Calendar at once

neartheredrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad 3 with iOS 6.0.1 Calendar shows only 12 hours per day in Week or Day view. Can this be changed to see all 24 hours of a day at once?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
neartheredrocks said:
On my iPad 3 with iOS 6.0.1 Calendar shows only 12 hours per day in Week or Day view. Can this be changed to see all 24 hours of a day at once?

Mine shows the full 24 hours. All you have to do is scroll up or down.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
neartheredrocks said:
My question was whether it is possible to configure Calendar in a way that I can see all 24 hours AT ONCE.

You may have to be jailbroken to do that.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The empty appointments page is scrollable and is the equivalent of two pages long. As you add appointments, the page becomes longer. The text on a full days worth of appointments would be almost too small to read if you were to shrInk the print size to squeeze it all on to one page. That's probably why Apple has the scrolling feature for the calendar appointments pages.

Last edited:
OP
N

neartheredrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not simply saying: "No, this is not possible" if this is the case?

I'd also like to add that it certainly would be possible if Apple would allow it. Right now the 12 hour view has 2 lines per hour. If this would be reduced to one line per hour we would see 24 hours (and could see all appointments of a week at once). To add this as an option would not harm anybody. I don't quite understand why it seems to be necessary to some people to always defend whatever Apple does.

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
neartheredrocks said:
Why not simply saying: "No, this is not possible" if this is the case?

I'd also like to add that it certainly would be possible if Apple would allow it. Right now the 12 hour view has 2 lines per hour. If this would be reduced to one line per hour we would see 24 hours (and could see all appointments of a week at once). To add this as an option would not harm anybody. I don't quite understand why it seems to be necessary to some people to always defend whatever Apple does.

I think that "Thank you scifan for your information." would have been a more polite response, but, that's just my opinion.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
I think that "Thank you scifan for your information." would have been a more polite response, but, that's just my opinion.

Agreed. Some things are impossible on the iPad. One thing this forum does is to root out workarounds. Scifan is particularly good at this, and very helpful. What Apple does as a company is up to them. We just work with what we have. We're not Apple defenders, and it's not beyond possibility that there is a feature of iOS that we dislike. We just learn to live with it, and work within the limitations.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many other third party calendar/diary apps including Opus Domini, Pocket Informant, Smart Pad, etc. one of these may do what you require.

The Archangel

OP
N

neartheredrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What information - related to my question - did scifan give? Whoever looks a Calendar's week view sees that it is possible to scroll up and down (and whoever uses an iPad is probably familiar with the concept of screen scrolling), and my question was simple and clear: "Can this be changed to see all 24 hours of a day at once?" I assumed already that it is not possible to change the view but I did not know and therefore ask the question here where probably more iPad experts are hanging out than anywhere else.

And what was impolite in my answer? However, I would say that scifan's first answer was quite sarcastic and that, I think, is indeed impolite and unnessecary. Moreover, his second answer is somehow weird (and again unnessecary) because simply jailbreaking an iPad will certainly not change the look of Calendar.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
neartheredrocks said:
What information - related to my question - did scifan give? Whoever looks a Calendar's week view sees that it is possible to scroll up and down (and whoever uses an iPad is probably familiar with the concept of screen scrolling), and my question was simple and clear: "Can this be changed to see all 24 hours of a day at once?" I assumed already that it is not possible to change the view but I did not know and therefore ask the question here where probably more iPad experts are hanging out than anywhere else.

And what was impolite in my answer? However, I would say that scifan's first answer was quite sarcastic and that, I think, is indeed impolite and unnessecary.

I'm not sarcastic in my replies, I was honestly trying to be helpful. Other members have a right to their own opinions, even to deciding that mine or any other answer is not helpful.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I'm not sarcastic in my replies, I was honestly trying to be helpful. Other members have a right to their own opinions, even to deciding that mine or any other answer is not helpful.

neartheredrocks said:
In that case I apologize for letting this escalate. Thanks for your reply.

For the mod team, thanks, you guys. iOS has some quirks that can and do cause frustration. The forum exists to try to iron out those frustrations. We all learn by attempting to work through these difficulties.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions