What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes sync with calendar OFF ?

salaam13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello ...

when writting on the stock notes app. certain words or times become underlined
and "sync'd" with the calendar.

examples: "in the morning", "12:00", "December" ...all become links to the calendar !
WTF ?!

HOW CAN I DISABLE THIS ?!!

This is the most irratating thing of my complaints with iOS 6. I don't recall this
happening before 6.

can anyone help ?

thnx.
(loyal, faithfull Mac user since '88 ... but these days ?)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't turn it off.

It's not actually linking with the calendar. It is just noticing (and highlighting) certain types of information that could be used in other apps if you choose. Dates and times give you the potential to enter the data in the calendar. Addresses will give you the option of viewing them in Maps, or along with phone numbers will let you enter them in Contacts. Email addresses, will give you the option of sending and email or adding it to your contacts. I'm probably missing a few possibilities.

None of the data goes to the targeted apps unless you select it and choose to do so.

It only shows up when you are viewing the note. When you start editing it gets out of the way.

Mail does the same thing. Occasionally it comes in handy.

If it bother's you, there are always other note apps. Lots of them.

Last edited:

Most reactions