What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to run flash content on ipad?

How to run flash content on ipad?

• Use Puffin browser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iswifter for ipad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amey Khot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to access flash content from web site. Is there any browser who runs flash content on ipad?

I have tried puffin, but puffin comes with 15 days trial period of flash support. Is there any freeware software to run flash content.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This thread explains why the iPad won't play Flash content and has some recommendations for browser apps that will playvFlash content. Most are paid apps. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/flash-and-the-ipad.54704/

Interesting read... even read the memo "Thoughts on Flash" that Steve Jobs wrote and now have a fuller understanding on why flash isn't on iOS devices. Thanks for the links!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are several Flash enabled browsers. They all work similarly to Puffin, in that they actually run the site on a remote server and re-display the content to the iPad.

Just search for Flash Browser in the app store. One or two of them are free. but I've yet to see a free Flash browser that was any good. If it's important to you, pony up the cost of the browser. Developers need to make a living too.

I like Puffin, mostly because it's versatile control options; important if you're going to Flash sites that have non-standard controls, or are games. I understand Photon is pretty good too.

Read the descriptions carefully. Some browsers with Flash in their name aren't Flash capable.

Note: Because Flash browsers have to run on a remote server, there are some privacy concerns. Another reason to pick a more reputable app and developer. Even then, I wouldn't use make any sensitive or financial transactions in a Flash browser on iOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts