What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash available for Ipad 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich20vt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe have releaced a new program called Wallaby which does Flash to HTML5 conversions. So looks like iOS users will get a fuller picture of the web now with Wallaby converting our flash sites into HTML5 viewable content.
This should mean that you can now watch flash videos etc and games on the ipads

This is the download page i think for it from adobe

Wallaby | Adobe Flash FLA to HTML - Adobe Labs

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
so it only converts FLA files, which are mostly video, to iSO compatible files, but not on the device. off the device. so you must convert then transfer over. what a faff. just view the content on your computer.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that tool is more to help websites convert Flash content into HTLM5 content if they so choose. Not so much for end users. At least from what I've read about it.

OP
R

rich20vt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it does what you say converting files etc to help designers etc. but from what i have also read it should allow you to look at websites and allow flash banners etc to work

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
it does what you say converting files etc to help designers etc. but from what i have also read it should allow you to look at websites and allow flash banners etc to work

yeah, but it's got nothing to do directly with iOS devises. it converts Flash content on a pc/mac, not in an App on your ipad/pod/phone. more a developer's tool

After you've converted it, you must then transfer it over. but what's the point at that stage???

Last edited:

ITS ME DAVID

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.facebook.com
You transfer over your flash site to html5 and then users on an iOS device can view that site and watch flash videos or flash animation that wasn't viewable before the conversion.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe is scared that web designers will move to HTML5 ad stop using flash to make their ads. They are not really worry about anything else, just the animated ad business.

fnabdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe.......... are not really worry about anything else, just the animated ad business.

Now there's a surprise!

A commercial company concerned with making money - heaven forfend!

"Whatever next?" one wonders.

Regards from London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions