What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update iPad2 from 5.1.1 to 6.1.2

jesrani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad2 with 5.1.1. Had saved the shsh blobs for this but did not update because I thought iOS 6 was not going to be jailbroken. Now 6.1.2 is jailbroken but my device shows update available to 6.1.3.
Can I update only to 6.1.2 and jailbreak it? How? Will I be able to restore my apps and games?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad2 with 5.1.1. Had saved the shsh blobs for this but did not update because I thought iOS 6 was not going to be jailbroken. Now 6.1.2 is jailbroken but my device shows update available to 6.1.3.
Can I update only to 6.1.2 and jailbreak it? How? Will I be able to restore my apps and games?

I'm afraid you cannot upgrade that iPad [selectively] to iOS 6.1.2. If you upgrade, you will be forced to iOS 6.1.3 and thus lose your jail break. With the new signing/iOS approval procedures Apple has made, you cannot pick which iOS to upgrade to, even with SHSH blobs. You can only go to the most current iOS (which, today, is iOS 6.1.3). Sorry.

So, if you want to stay jail broken, you'll have to stay at iOS 5.1.1. Then, hope that (1) a jail break is found for iOS 7, and (2) it's found and released soon.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts