What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to re-register my iPad to a new user

ahuminski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The company I work for is thinking of donig a raffel for iPads. The idea is to register the iPad under the companies name and then at a convention, have users sign up with them on the iPad to get their information. By entering their information they enter themselves in a raffel to give the iPad they used as a giveaway.

Is there a way we can first register the iPad's with the companies name and then once we raffel them off, register it with the person who won the raffel?

-Thanks in advance

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But wouldn't it be easier to just leave the iPad in the sealed box and let the winner register it in their own name right off the bat?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. why would your company want to raffle a used iPad anyway? Have them leave it in the box like 1991 says and have the participants register on a slip of paper.

OP
A

ahuminski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand thats the more efficient way of trying to get it done, but this is what is wanted to be done. What would need to be done to go about doing this?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad can revert to factory settings via the settings menu. The lucky winner can register it through iTunes. There's more to this scheme than just a raffle, apparently.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
to clear the ipad back to factory in settings > reset you can select to reset all content and settings.

However if your company actualy registers for 3G service if its a 3G model, the winners would have to purchase new simcards for $15.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Betcha it has something to do with selling an 'unlimited ebooks' download subscription:D

Stinky123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to re register my I pad from my name to my partners name because she has an I pod and we want to put the same music from I pod to I pad. The I pod is in her name the I pad is in my name. Can anyone help please. Thanks pete

Most reactions

Latest posts