What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-registering

thonnfamily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soon to be Grafenwohr, Germany but currently Fort
So, heres the problem we are having. We purchased our iPad from a family friend, who had of course registered it to themselves and got apps, and its jailbroken. We have also gotten apps from the app market. Well now there are quite a few updates on apps that we can not do because it pops up for their apple password, but some come up asking for ours. Is there a way to be able to change those apps that are in their account? How do you solve the problem? I've looked through the other re-register threads and just don't understand if they will work for what we need, or how to do them. Simple human language needed. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The apps that appear for their account are your friend's apps - ones they have purchased. Only they can do updates.

The only way around it (to solve your "problem") is that you will have to delete those apps and reinstall them with your own account information. And yes, if they are paid apps, then you will have to buy them...

Marilyn

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
on top the you will like to update the apps because developers are always working on more features for us. If you keep his apps then you will not be able to upgrade them.

I support the developers by paying for ALL apps so they can design more and more cool stuff for us!

OP
T

thonnfamily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soon to be Grafenwohr, Germany but currently Fort
Okay....so i went through some the 156 apps on here and deleted the ones that had updates via the app market that required the other families password and reinstalled them. Wow that took forever, and i only got to the "m" apps. While browsing around the app store i did purchase a few new apps as well. I am looking forward to playing around w/ Things!, Pandora and Keynote. Hopefully by tomorrow i will have them all done!

Most reactions