What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to re-arrange Bookmarks in Safari

J Jackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening all... quick safari question... how do you re-organize the bookmarks within a bookmark group... currently the bookmarks are listed in the order that i inserted them. Can they be re-organized in ABC order???

thank you for your advice

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good evening all... quick safari question... how do you re-organize the bookmarks within a bookmark group... currently the bookmarks are listed in the order that i inserted them. Can they be re-organized in ABC order???

thank you for your advice

Sure, you can rearrange them - but you'll have to do it manually. See this picture for the steps:

e6ypybes.jpg

Hopefully, that'll do it. Good luck and holler back if it doesn't.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome. Glad to hear that things got sorted for you.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could also hold the bookmark icon on the favorites tab (which is shown after tapping that cross button on the upper right of your screen) and move it to rearrange it. It feels more natural and faster for me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also hold the bookmark icon on the favorites tab (which is shown after tapping that cross button on the upper right of your screen) and move it to rearrange it. It feels more natural and faster for me.

Oh, now that's cool! I never knew that; learned something new today.

Since I was playing with it, here's a Skitch of how it works:

a7u3uqat.jpg

It only works on the main Favorites level (where you see the icons); you'll still have to move other bookmarks as described above. But still - very convenient. Thanks.

Marilyn

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, now that's cool! I never knew that; learned something new today.

Since I was playing with it, here's a Skitch of how it works:

a7u3uqat.jpg

It only works on the main Favorites level (where you see the icons); you'll still have to move other bookmarks as described above. But still - very convenient. Thanks.

Marilyn

No problem.

Most reactions