What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Organize the Apps?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ARDOTBEE said:
Might be a dumb question and most likely posted in the wrong thread but, when does the new operating system for the iPad come out? I know os4 for the iPhone comes out in e summer.. Is this the same time to expect it for the iPad?

Fall in USA / europe for ipad. Spring in Australia. Cause we are upside down.

I use the application tab in iTunes when ipad / iPhone is connected to the computer this slows you to move whole pages of apps and organize them I have hot apps page 1/2 then games and so on hope it helps

steph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TechSidebar.com
Easy organization of iPad apps.

I found that it was easier to organize the apps inside iTunes then click apply. To do this (if you don't already know how) you go into iTunes, click on your iPad (it's listed under Devices), then click on the Apps tab (in the main window), You will see an accurate image of you main home screen and alongside it you will see mini screens that are representative of your additional screens. You just click on an icon in the large image and drag it to which ever one of the other screens you want it on. You can also drag the icons around each of the individual screens to get them where you want them but keep in mind that you will move the other icons if you put one in front of them. Once you are all done, just go to the bottom and click Apply (or Sync). Then iTunes syncs them up and you're all set to go. While doing this, I found it a good time to delete some of the apps I didn't want anymore. I hope this helps you until Apple comes out with a Folder option for the iPad.:ipad-peacock:

jlbuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To move an app to a different screen, just dock one on the bottom tab bar, move to the different screen and then just move it back up with the rest.

Nova69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App Arrangement

For now, my apps are free range. I'll corrall them into folders when 4.0 Is available.

gcgarris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holding the app icon down until it wiggles is a good way to move individual apps around, but I couldn't drag them to another page on my iPad. I know this works on my iPhone, but no luck on my iPad.

I discovered another solution. To move an app to another page, get it wiggling, drag it to the app bar at the bottom of the page, go to the destination page, and drag the app to the desired location on the destination page. I've been able to drag two apps at a time this way.

Hope this helps.

silly5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to jlbuk and gcgarris. That technique worked great for me. Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts