What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to move photos on iPad?

Dahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a folder for car pictures on my iPad. I have transfered them from my pc using iTunes. I also have saved some photos to my iPad in the saved photos folder.
Is there a way to put these photos that i have saved to my iPad to a folder that i have created from my pc through iTunes?

Thanks

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a folder for car pictures on my iPad. I have transfered them from my pc using iTunes. I also have saved some photos to my iPad in the saved photos folder.
Is there a way to put these photos that i have saved to my iPad to a folder that i have created from my pc through iTunes?

Thanks

Unless I'm missing something...I think it more has to do with whatever photo management program you use (like iPhoto if you use a Mac, or something like Picasa on the PC)...you need to basically put it in the folder or albums you want on the PC or Mac side, then select those folders and re-sync through iTunes when you do a local sync. You cannot, to my knowledge, move photos around between folders on the iPad.

OP
D

Dahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll have to try moving stuff around through iTunes.
I have a folder that I put all my photos into so I can sync it to my iPad. Should there be a folder of the saved iPad photos?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah!
You even can't put your own dang pictures to an SD card either!

I wonder if Apple would let me use my pictures tomorrow if I filled out form #835-9622 in triplicate...

Geez! I need to fart. Do I need to fill a form for that too?

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah!
Geez! I need to fart. Do I need to fill a form for that too?

Sorry, Steve Jobs does not allow farting without going though the app store
and iTunes... Unauthorized farts will be removed or may cause your iPad to
act erratically. :D :D :D :D

Gene

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However..... you can move photos by using the Dropbox app and your free 2 GB dropbox account. You can also email them to yourself using gmail. That way you are at least getting them off of the device, until you can sync with itunes.

Metairieman55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Private Media Folders HD

I had a similar need wanting to create folders for collections and after hours of searching, the only way I could come up with was the paid app above. It's cheap enough for me anyway. It's designed to lock out prying eyes but it does allow you to internally create folders, cut & paste between folders, delete, etc. like "normal." I haven't found a way within the Ipad OS nor Itunes since both seem to force you to gang all media in the generic master folder without the ability to arrange them other than by name or type no less separate folders.

Even with Private Media Folders HD, you will have to generically import media files into PMFHD and then cut & paste to their folders as a separate process. There is no file structure I could find to point them directly to a folder.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts