What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Know what IOS version on ipad(or any apple product) before buying?

bongski55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At an apple dealer one is not allowed to open,much less test before buying any ipad, itouch or iphone. This is true at least for my country here in the middle east.
Is there any way for a prospective buyer to know what version of ios is installed? perhaps by way of the serial number?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome. to answer your question the latest ios is installed on any computers that are supplied by resellers. if however their is an upgrade it is automatic upgrade once to plug your ipad into your computer or log on to register. in other words do not be concerned. Current version is 5.01 however only 5.0 maybe installed at this time

i should point out it does not matter what hardware make or brand and software you purchase most are out of date when you take delivery. my suggestion is allways go to web sites and upgrade to latest version

OP
bongski55

bongski55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And of course, asking the salesperson is always a good start.

The Archangel

Unfortunately we don't have an apple store here in Oman. Most salespersons here don't know about IOS on the apple item...!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bongski55 said:
Unfortunately we don't have an apple store here in Oman. Most salespersons here don't know about IOS on the apple item...!

Well I know it's a bit drastic but you could always move to the West End of London!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts