What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Apple deliberately sabotage my iPad?

abqhudson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After install of the latest IOS, my iPad has become almost unusable when I need to type something. The keypad hides a good portion of the screen and I am no longer able to scroll the the page I need to type on to see the part of the page being hidden by the keypad. I used to be able to do that so I could read what was hidden by the keypad - type in forms hidden by the keypad etc.
Also, when surfing the web, the bookmarks now displayed on the left mean that the web page is no longer fully displayed It;s missing a part of the page on the right.
This is all new to me - never had any trouble before. And, no fix seems to be forthcoming.

Did Apple deliberately sabotage my iPad so that I will be forced to buy a new one - I won't.

Any suggestions??? It seems that I might be able to go back to the previous IOS, but, I will lose everything and have to start over - not a welcome prospect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some settings may have changed during your upgrade process.

For the Safari bookmarks issue, look for the highlighted book-like icon in the upper left. Here's a shot of where I mean:

uqasyje3.jpg

Tapping it to unhighlight it should remove that sidebar of bookmarks so you can see the whole Safari sites.

For the keyboard issue, could you have an undocked keyboard? If you press and hold the keyboard symbol in the lower right, do you get an option to dock, like this:

9yhyqy7a.jpg

If yes, tap the line titled "Dock" and your keyboard should move back to the bottom and stay there.

If that wasn't it, could you explain more (or provide a screenshot) of what your keyboard is doing?

Marilyn

OP
abqhudson

abqhudson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn. You have restored my faith in Humanity - at least some humanity. You fixed my problem with not being able to scroll when the keyboard is covering part of the web page. Thank you very much.

Most reactions