What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to include pictures in a post (using imageshack)

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that some members don't know how to include pictures in their posts so decided to write a small tutorial.

The first thing you need to do is to upload your picture to imageshack. Follow this link to the imageshack upload page.

Click the Browse button and find the picture you want to include in a post. Then click the Upload Now button.
tutorial2o.png

Once your picture is uploaded, a page like the one below will appear.
tutorial3c.png

Select the text in the box next to Forum Code (in red circle) and copy it to the clipboard. All that is left is to paste it into your post.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very helpful to the membership! Thanks for posting it up :ipad-keyboard:

Adara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is an alternative to using attachments for adding photos to your posts.

Details:
1) Go to http://imageshack.us and register. All you need is an email address. There is no fee.
2) Respond to the registration confirmation email.
3) Upload one or more images. The upload link isn't obvious.The "trick" is hitting the "Host it" link after selecting your file(s).
4) Find and click the "My images" link. You will see your images, and a variety of code links. We are going to focus on two specific methods.
5) For the image you want to include, you should use either of these two methods:
5a) use a click able thumbnail which will load a larger image. For this select the line of code labeled "Thumbnail for forums (1)" and copy it to the clipboard.
5b) or include the larger image directly. For this method select the line of code labeled "Hotlink for forums (1)" and copy it to the clipboard.
6) Now, compose your post. Where you want to include the image, paste the link from the clipboard.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help. I created a imageshack account but when I go to upload an image the choose file is grey and will not let me browse my computer or my iPad. I'm also having the same issue in the forum If I try to upload an image, Im not able to browse my Mac or iPad. Please help!

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help. I created a imageshack account but when I go to upload an image the choose file is grey and will not let me browse my computer or my iPad. I'm also having the same issue in the forum If I try to upload an image, Im not able to browse my Mac or iPad. Please help!

I am able to browse on my Mac, but not my iPad. Tried firefox instead of safari and was able to see my computer files but still not able to change from my iPad.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that some members don't know how to include pictures in their posts so decided to write a small tutorial.

Nice but the real way doesn't need that and it is dead simple. I use FireFox and when I get a chance I will check other browsers but I believe they all act the same.

Think about it and see if you can guess the real way to drop images into any post. I'll give you three days to see if we have a winner.

winner.jpg

:):):)

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well a quick test on a Mac indicates my trick doesn't work under Safari or Google Chrome.

You have to be using FireFox, sorry.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For not too techie persons like me, I recommend the photo bucket app. I tried imageshack and had a difficult time. IMHO

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can I upload a pdf?

This is an experiment. Looks like the pdf has to be less than 19kb.

How to upload/show a bigger pdf?

Attachments

• 56rightp.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 395

Most reactions

Latest posts