What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to go on....

bartk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the first Ipad arrived, I bought this one for my wife, so she has still an old Ipad1.
But though there are more and more apps which do not work on this tablet, she wants to stay working with this old thing.
The biggest problem is youtube. When I send her bij mail a link to a youtubefilm, she can't load this and has to start m.youtube, and sometimes it works....
To fix this problem, I searched for an app which will show the films as youtube does on all newer systems.
My question is:
which app will work? I searched in the App store, but all I find there, gives me the message: "yo have to go to IOS 7.0 or newer"

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the YouTube website? Even then, the iPad 1 is so old, with a slow CPU and very limited RAM, that you'll continue to have problems like this unless you're willing to purchase a newer iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agree w/ SciFan.. - the original iPad was released in 2010 - it's an OLD dog - get your wife a newer one - really not worth trying to suggest work arounds for her needs. Dave :)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still have my iPad 1.

The regular installed YouTube app (with the little TV set icon) stopped working shortly after iOS 6 was introduced. The iPad 1 didn't have the horsepower to use iOS6. There were some changes made to YouTube which rendered the iPad 1 version useless.

As a patch, someone released a modified app for iOS 5. You can still view YouTube videos on it to this day. (Although the app crashes after watching 2 or 3 videos).

I took a look for it and can't seem to find it any more. I'm guessing it was discontinued and removed from the app store.

Below is a picture of what the icon looked like. On the left is the original TV icon and on the right is the patched version allowing you to watch videos on iOS 5... If you can find the app with that icon, you should be able to watch YouTube vids on your iPad 1... But I think it's long gone.

youtube.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts