What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about YouTube site

Jasonc84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've noticed lately it seems that I can't effectively use YouTube. The YouTube app never gives me the videos I want when I search for them so I started using the actual website. This used to work just fine but now all of the videos I want to see don't work, all I get is the message stating that I need a newer version of flash which obviously I know this isn't possible. Has anyone else noticed this?? Is there a work around I'm missing?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It appears that now, YouTube has different uploading procedures, in that it is no longer default to select that the video can be viewed by a mobile device/one without flash. As far as I know, there is no way around this - so you'll have to get a browser that will view these flash videos, or use a "regular" computer.

I've had great success with the app iSwifter ($4.99, USD), while there are others. In addition, people use remote log in apps to log into their main desktop or laptop computers.

Please see this link for more suggestions on getting around the flash limitations of the iPad (there are more apps and such discussed - so you can pick the solution that'll suit you best): http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

Good luck.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YouTube has been updating to HTML 5 lately and almost every video can be accessed with the native YouTube site, not the mobile site.

OP
J

Jasonc84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the native site not the mobile site. Will look into some of the other solutions listed thanks for the responses!!!

Most reactions