What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get out of Private Browsing mode

kenatease

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, I think this is an iPad 2, the model # is MC954LL/A.

A new problem arose. If I go to att.com I keep getting these pop-ups balking that I am "in Private Browsing mode" and that "in order to benefit the most from the AT&T site" I should turn off Private Browsing.

'Problem is, I am not knowingly in some kind of Private Browsing mode! Cookies and everything are enabled per the default settings as always. I tried relaxing cookies to "Never block" where they had been set to block 3rd party advertising, but that hasn't helped. If I am in the wrong mode I don't see any means to change it except what I said about my default Safari settings as is.

This is a very real problem because when I go to Shop wireless smartphones at that att.com site, and then touch one of the models offered (want to see HTC Desire 610), I only get a blank screen shown in response. The site has given me that pop-up warning about private browsing several times. I tried killing that Safari window after relaxing the cookie parameter (as stated) and opening a fresh one, but to no avail.

Any help, please??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Safari looks like this:
image.jpg

then you've enabled Private Browsing. To disable it, tap the address bar. The keyboard will appear. At the top left of it, tap "Private". Safari will look like this afterwards:
image.jpg

OP
K

kenatease

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Johanna!!

Hey I'm sorry I reposted this under general topics as well and then couldn't delete one of them; so now there are two, arghh

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome. :)

I'm sure your other post will be removed. Our forum staff is very helpful.

Welcome to iPF, btw! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts