What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get a refund on an App from iTunes store

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The following is a guideline on how to obtain a refund from the iTunes store for any app you have purchased.
This does not apply to movies or music as all sales are final.

One can request a credit from the iTunes store when the following applies

1) Application is corrupt.
2) Application does not perform as per description on iTunes
3) Application does not suit your geographic area ie Australia eg USA maps and no mention of this was in iTunes description

What you must do is Include your user name, your full details, the application name, the order number with date and the reason for requesting a credit
You will receive a response with in 48 hours then receive credit with in 5 days if it is a credit card purchase if you used an iTunes card I believe they issue credit to you account.
To locate your order number on your computer log in to your iTunes account, Account, recent purchases then look for the Application that you require a credit for. The order number and date is next to the Application name.
This links below will assist in contacting apple read this one first.
Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store
How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

[email protected]. This is the email address to report your problem

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
#4 is incorrect. You cannot get a refund if you buy it by accident.

They will not even give a refund to people who have had their accounts hacked an other people purchased things.

Only refunds are for errors on apples part and you were never able to get the application to download.

They update these terms that you must agree to often.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's one thing to ask for a refund, and another to file a complain. Is it? I wrote to the developer regarding an app that woulnt work on my documentsl but I don't even got a reply, I wonder if they take a glance on those complaints when you have made purchased already.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
It's one thing to ask for a refund, and another to file a complain. Is it? I wrote to the developer regarding an app that woulnt work on my documentsl but I don't even got a reply, I wonder if they take a glance on those complaints when you have made purchased already.

Best way is to contact them directly, its a requirement for each app to have a support website link.

Also for some crazy magical way if you were to get a refund from apple, it makes no effect to apple but does hurt the developer. Example: You buy an app for 99 cents, apple gives around 70 cents of it to the developer. You get a refund for the 99cents and app then withdraws the full 99 cents from the developer to pay you, nut just the 70 cents they made from you.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I e-mailed them directly. It's a wishful thinking on my part.

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
#4 is incorrect. You cannot get a refund if you buy it by accident.

They will not even give a refund to people who have had their accounts hacked an other people purchased things.

Only refunds are for errors on apples part and you were never able to get the application to download.

update these terms that you must agree to often.
I will delete that option thanks for the input

Col

DMelanogaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to go to support for the app. The link goes to the company, called ultie. When you go there you get a blog with irrelevant posts and no way to contact anybody for support. It seems to be a Japanese company - a lot of the text is in Japanese. I see no way to communicate with them.

I'll try to get the refund from Apple as above. Thank you.

Gavgalway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally bought credit for a game that let's you buy credit to play things in the game (my 4 year old did actually) and the refunded it. There was even a place to select 'accidental purchase' . I thought they were quite good about it but they said it was a one-off.

fva432010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an android phone and you have 24hrs to return any app with out any question. That is Fair.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an android phone and you have 24hrs to return any app with out any question. That is Fair.

That's not true. They changed it awhile ago. Now you only have 15 minutes, which in most cases is plenty of time.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

adammsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's not true. They changed it awhile ago. Now you only have 15 minutes, which in most cases is plenty of time.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

i buy, backup, refund, try and either buy again or remove. nice system, though thievery is a temptation, but i do buy ones i keep. sometimes 15 mins to try is just not enuff

caldwelljt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that once you've paid your money, you own it. Do your due diligence before pressing the install button, then be prepared to live with your decision.

Caveat Emptor.

Steve in So Cal

That's kind of a silly opinion imho. Why should the customer take any risk, especially considering the sellers suffer no loss/damages by issuing a refund.

-JonC

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that once you've paid your money, you own it. Do your due diligence before pressing the install button, then be prepared to live with your decision.

Caveat Emptor.

Steve in So Cal

That's kind of a silly opinion imho. Why should the customer take any risk, especially considering the sellers suffer no loss/damages by issuing a refund.

-JonC

If you 'phone the toll-free Apple Support line you'll be offered a refund for any app that you've purchased and that is not satisfactory in some way. Tell them your transaction reference number from your iTunes account and you'll be given a refund as a credit to your iTunes account. Of course, that app will no longer be updated and, next time you synchronise with your PC, it will be deleted.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts