What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't cancel Subscription I bought from the App Store...

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi All! I hope this is the right forum for my question; I've been told the App Store is part of iTunes.

Simply put, last year I purchased software through the App Store that auto-renews. I'm 100% sure I bought the software from the App Store. I want to cancel the renewal.

But, this software is (oddly) not listed in my Subscriptions. I've contacted the company and they're being problematic. My credit card company says they can't prevent this company from applying a charge to my credit card account.

I contacted Apple, I'm not sure if I contacted the right department though. I don't consider it a tech support issue. But since my one year warranty with Apple has expired, Apple will charge me more than the Subscription's annual cost for support.

I'm out of ideas, except for disputing the charge if and when my credit card company receives it. Does anybody know something else I can do?

Thanks as always! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, let's make sure you are checking the right place. Just so we both know we're talking about the same thing.

• In the App Store go to the bottom of the Featured tab and tap on your Apple ID: xxxx xxx.
  • Choose View Apple ID from the popup list.
  • Choose Manage under the Subscriptions header.
image.jpeg

All your subscriptions whether active or not should show up here.

If the subscription is not there, you are sure it is active, and you subscribed through the App Store (some apps can only be subscribed to through their own website), then the right place to contact is iTunes Store Support. Unlike Apple Tech Support, iTunes support is always free. Hey, if the store isn't working you can't buy more stuff. :rolleyes:

iTunes - Contact Us - Apple Support

Good luck.

Edit. Had to modify the image, which means I had to delete the entire post. Sorry if someone was caught in-between and wondered what happend.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you once again, twerppoet! Yes, I was looking exactly where you indicated in your screenshot. And their subscription is *not* there. I told them that previously. And they reply, "Are you under the right profile ID? It should be under your manage subscriptions from your iTunes or iCloud account. Check that the profile ID is correct in order to cancel the auto renewal." They go on to say that the subscription is linked to the email address I used when I purchased the subscription. I don't believe them. I believe the subscription is linked to the Apple ID I used.

I'll contact iTunes Support as you suggested. Thanks for the pointer! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before a subscription auto-renews, you should get an email to the address it's linked to. If you got that email, was it received with the email you use as Apple ID, or was it a different email address?
Did you change your Apple ID, and do you use a different email address now?

They are right. And so are you. Since the Apple ID is an email address, the subscriptions is linked to that address, which should also be your Apple ID, or else you wouldn't have been able to subscribe.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, J.A., it seems to be a moot point now. I originally subscribed using a different email address; I can't access that account now, so I don't know if they sent an email to it.

When I set up my current email account, I must have updated my Apple ID.

I chatted with iTunes Support. They have assured me that the subscription will not be auto-renewed, and they emailed me a transcript of the chat session. So, I am satisfied.

BTW, all the other subscriptions I purchased using my inaccessible email account *are* all currently present in my account settings- as in the screenshot twerppoet posted- just this one, unhelpful subscription isn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts