What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to downgrade?

loshi12321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
First post ever (on ipad forums) so don't be mean.
I own a ipad 2 16gb running 4.3.5.
I want to jailbreak it but websites say i have to downgrade first. (to 4.3.3)
But, whenever i do shift-restore (in itunes after preparing the "host" file) , it displays error 3194. So i fixed it by starting tiny umbrella's tss server.
But then, whenever i do that and try shift-restore again it displays either 1601,1602 or 1600(My dads win7:) laptop).
I've seen the video about downgrading errors, it says i have to use snowbreeze. But snowbreeze doesn't support ipad 2:ipad-keyboard:. :confused:
I've looked for alternitives but nothing is supporting ipad 2.
Help?
Edit: Running windows Xp. Yes itunes detects it while in DFU mode.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Start here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

"Can I upgrade or downgrade my new iPad2 to 4.3.3?

No, sorry, you are too late. You can only install version 4.3.3 of iOS on your iPad2 if you have saved SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3. Blobs are unique to your device and must be provided by Apple, and they stopped providing 4.3.3 blobs several months ago. There is no way to copy, forge, or otherwise bypass this security. If your iPad2 is new then you have no 4.3.3 blobs and no way to get them. No blobs means no downgrade / upgrade. Sorry. See our FAQ here for more information on blobs - SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions - UPDATED"

And welcome, from Cali!

OP
L

loshi12321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There MUST be a way!

How come?Then can iphone and stuff downgrade as well?
(I dont own one,just asking)

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
loshi12321 said:

Sorry but you're SOL I'm afraid. Only if you were previously jb with 4.3.3 and saved your blobs. Now you gonna have to wait for iOS 5.0 jb.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Nope, there is no way as things stand today. The same rules apply for all modern iDevices. If you don't have saved signatures to allow you to install IOS then you can't downgrade.

Most reactions