What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Create Your Own Winterboard Theme!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Morning world. See, all that fuss and bother over nothing! Thread tidied. Sig can be edited provided it follows rule 12 of course ;)

Last edited:
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just update NoDock. Now the dock functions like it should. So icon placement works!

And Leigh, I updated my avatar just for you! :D

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just searched to look at my stats in Cydia and there is like 3 themes that came out after mine that do the same thing. I hope nobody copied my theme. :(
One for NoSlider has the exact same name. :(

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Aww...I hope not! Grayson what was that blue background of yours I liked?

I already emailed one of them. Just said if you used any part of my theme, have some integrity and do the right thing. :(

I don't even remember you liking one of my backgrounds. Do you remember about when that was?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just searched to look at my stats in Cydia and there is like 3 themes that came out after mine that do the same thing. I hope nobody copied my theme. :(
One for NoSlider has the exact same name. :(

But to be fair gs, there have been lots of transparent docks, sliders, and theme components for the iPhone and iPad in the past... Probably more than any other type. Glasklart has had a "no dock" component on the iPhone for years I think!
It is bad is someone has just copied your theme, and worse if they used the same name, but I don't think you can really claim artist rights over a transparent png. Heck, I even changed your "no dock" theme on my own earlier in the week because I wanted to be able to see all my icons. I was going to send it to you just before I saw you fixed it yourself...

All I'm trying to say is don't get yourself too worked up if someone has copied you. It's just not worth getting yourself upset. If you had put weeks / months of work into original artwork for a theme, fair enough, but even then you know as well as I do that if you release a paid theme it will appear in half a dozen cracked repositories within 24 hours...

Just enjoy the praise you get for your work from friends like those in this forum, and channel that frustration into some new themes! :)

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
But to be fair gs, there have been lots of transparent docks, sliders, and theme components for the iPhone and iPad in the past... Probably more than any other type. Glasklart has had a "no dock" component on the iPhone for years I think!
It is bad is someone has just copied your theme, and worse if they used the same name, but I don't think you can really claim artist rights over a transparent png. Heck, I even changed your "no dock" theme on my own earlier in the week because I wanted to be able to see all my icons. I was going to send it to you just before I saw you fixed it yourself...

All I'm trying to say is don't get yourself too worked up if someone has copied you. It's just not worth getting yourself upset. If you had put weeks / months of work into original artwork for a theme, fair enough, but even then you know as well as I do that if you release a paid theme it will appear in half a dozen cracked repositories within 24 hours...

Just enjoy the praise you get for your work from friends like those in this forum, and channel that frustration into some new themes! :)

I know. I just wanted to send him an email letting him know I am upset. I can't win because nothing can be proved. It just really makes me mad that he used the same name as me. That shows a true jerk.

And the only way I noticed was by going to my installed stuff on Cydia and checking my package to see if the update came through yet. But it got my theme confused with his and it thinks I have his package installed. That is what made me really mad. Hopefully the update I sent out will fix that.

To sum the situation up.....
:(

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Well Little Man ~

Is there no way to prevent this?

Not at all.....

I don't have apple to back me up on this one. There is no way to prove he copied me. :(

Most reactions