What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to charge an iPad Pro in half the time

techdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that the iPad Pro has a USB Power Delivery feature that charges the device faster and tested it out myself. I got Apple’s 29W MacBook Type-C charger and a C-to-Lightning cable.

With the 29W charger I charged my iPad Pro from 0 to 100% in only 2 hours and 15 mins! Huge improvement over the 12W charger that comes in the box, which took 4 hours and 20 mins to charge. Has anyone else done this too?

Here’s the iFixit teardown where I saw this mentioned:
iPad Pro 10.5" Teardown

Last edited:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read that the iPad Pro has a USB Power Delivery feature that charges the device faster and tested it out myself. I got Apple’s 29W MacBook Type-C charger and a C-to-Lightning cable.

With the 29W charger I charged my iPad Pro from 0 to 100% in only 2 hours and 15 mins! Huge improvement over the 12W charger that comes in the box, which took 4 hours and 20 mins to charge. Has anyone else done this too?

Here’s the iFixit teardown where I saw this mentioned:
iPad Pro 10.5" Teardown

Oh yes and it works great. I started using one of these on my 1st gen 12.9 last year. But I mentioned we just bought 2 of these last week on page 3 of the following thread. I did not mention anything about the speed so good job posting the actual results!

And welcome to the forum :)

9.7" iPad Pro or 10.5" ?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In fact several reviewers on YouTube have been slamming Apple for listing these IPP models as Fast Charging and then shipping them with these little 12W chargers. When you think about all the accessories I bought it was half the price of the tablet.

Pencil $99
Keyboard $149
AppleCare $99
Charger/Cable $85
Glass Screen Protector $69
Total not including tax = $501 - Sorry Apple but that’s ridiculous and you could have helped out by including the charger and pencil,

Most reactions

Latest posts