What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change my old OS to a new one.help

johnnyoch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someoone provide me a link regarding a step by step guide on how to change my Old OS to the latest OS or (great OS)...thanks guys!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are using iTunes it will prompt you to update. There is a check for updates button on the page that is displayed when you click on the device in the left column in iTunes if you are impatient, but iTunes checks fairly often.

---
- Posted with TapaTalk for iPhone

OP
J

johnnyoch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but i believe updating thru itunes will have an effect in jailbreaking the IPAD..is this true?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See, it would have helped us if you had mentioned you were jailbroke first. Saves time...

So, now we need to know a couple of things in order to help you:

- What type of iPad do you have? iPad1, 2, with/without 3G

- What version of iOS are you currently running?

- Have you saved any SHSH blobs (do you know what SHSH blobs are)?

Answering those will give us an idea how to help you - and if you can upgrade to a jailbreakable iOS.

Marilyn

P.S. I've also moved this post over to the Hacking section ... get more "eyes on."

Last edited:
OP
J

johnnyoch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys..

See, it would have helped us if you had mentioned you were jailbroke first. Saves time...

So, now we need to know a couple of things in order to help you:

- What type of iPad do you have? iPad1, 2, with/without 3G

- What version of iOS are you currently running?

- Have you saved any SHSH blobs (do you know what SHSH blobs are)?

Answering those will give us an idea how to help you - and if you can upgrade to a jailbreakable iOS.

Marilyn

i have an IPAD 1..( i guess its not 3g..)...( i have no internet plan) I just use my neighbors wifi signal....

please dont laugh..i have the 3.2.2 type....

No idea of the SHSH...

the jailbreaking process ive done, is by using limera1n...

thanks for the time giving me a feedback... i appreciate it guys...

basically my aunt just gave me this IPAD.. i guess she used this for just 3 months..and my aunt is not a technical person so im guessing no modifications were made before she me the IPAD...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest you look at this tutorial - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

Follow the first few steps. If you see that you have saved blobs for 4.3.3 (which you probably do if you have been jailbroken for the last few months and have used Cydia in that time) then follow the tutorial to the end and then visit jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it. That will get you fully up to date.

If you don't have blobs then you are pretty much out of luck for an untethered JB. See this thread for details of jailbreak methods - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html Your only option then will be to go tethered on 4.3.5.

Hopefully the first one will work out...

Last edited:
OP
J

johnnyoch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys for your help!!this is a great forum..moderators have time to the new member needing help..thanks!...

Most reactions