What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how remove fotos without deleting them in other map

Lucky Devil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new ipad 3 and
when i push little flower button on startup security screen i see my pictures in ""filmrol""
this everyone can see when they push the button ..

Now every picture i copied or place will come to this map "filmrol"

When i copy some pics to another map of myself , and go back to "filmrol" to delete that same foto
it says every time , foto will be erased in every map where it is copied to ??

how do i copy and keep just the foto in one map ?

greetzz

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photos are only stored in the Camera Roll, no place else! Except in applications that store their own files, like GoodReader. All other places are just shortcuts to the Camera Roll. Anything deleted from the Camera Roll will be deleted everywhere there's a shortcut to that photo. The only way I know, to not have the PictureFrame option, is to jailbreak, and use an app called "RemovePictureFrame". I can see where this could be embarrassing at times, where the wrong people see the wrong pictures. There are other apps that allow you to move pictures or documents too them, and have them password protected. Check the iTunes store. "Picture Password", "Secure Photo+Video Free"and "Private Photo Manager & Perfect Privacy Keeper App for My Secrete Pics..." are some of many.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a pass code enabled, you can turn off the picture frame under the pass code settings.

If you don't want to turn it off completely you can specify that it should only use specific albums instead. I actually have an Album of photos synced from my pc that I use for that purpose :)

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a pass code enabled, you can turn off the picture frame under the pass code settings.If you don't want to turn it off completely you can specify that it should only use specific albums instead. I actually have an Album of photos synced from my pc that I use for that purpose :)
What IOS version are you using? In IOS6, there isn't anything under pass code enable that will allow you to do anything with the picture Frame icon on the lock screen. There's nothing under Picture Frame in settings that will disable it. And I don't remember anything under IOS5.x.x that would allow you to disable Picture Frame either. Tell us how you do it exactly please.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pocobear said:
What IOS version are you using? In IOS6, there isn't anything under pass code enable that will allow you to do anything with the picture Frame icon on the lock screen. There's nothing under Picture Frame in settings that will disable it. And I don't remember anything under IOS5.x.x that would allow you to disable Picture Frame either. Tell us how you do it exactly please.

iOS 6, but the same setting was definitely in iOS 5.1.1 as well, as it's the main reason I use a pass code

Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Picture Frame under Allow Access When Locked

You have to have a Passcode or the option doesn't work.

Edit: btw, I turned it back on show it show up better in the first screen shot. If it's off and a passcode is enabled it will hide the icon.

Second screenshot shows lock screen when setting is off.

Attachments

• image-1342681285.jpg
    image-1342681285.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 233
  • image-2183780707.jpg
    image-2183780707.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No PictureFrame setting in Password setup.

All I have is "Sri", "Passbook" and "Reply with Message" in the "Allow Access When Locked" box". Nothing about PictureFrame. Weird. I have iPhone5 on IOS6.Also tried hard reset, no change.

Most reactions

Latest posts