What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How reliable is fedex?

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you hear FEDEX and UPS are going to merge ?? The new company name will be FED UP
My votes for Fedex never had a problem other than leaving the packages on the door without bothering to knock

OP
G

Godfather4190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad left anchorage last night at 8:02 eastern time and arrived in Newark NJ this morning at 2:28. So far so good!

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used to be great but recently ...

Share you're stories if you have any good ones!:)

They used to be great but recently reliability has taken a turn for the worst in Philly. They miss predicted delivery dates about 50% of the time. Delivery notification to text message is often 4-6 hours late. They delivered a gift from my daughter-in-law to the wrong address!:mad:

cutegeek7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No movement on neither my smart cover (Memphis, TN) or ipad 2 (Lantau Island) and they both are suppose to be delivered tomorrow no later than 10:30am...I am starting to get real doubtful about that.

OP
G

Godfather4190

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It now says that my iPad 2 has reached Kingston ny, but the estimated time of delivery is still Thursday 4:30 pm. This would be pretty sad sense the fedex express store is 2 miles from my house haha. I would go pick it up but when I called they said I couldn't(wierd)

giaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.companions-game.com
i just received my ipod. shipped from thailand over china to germany, than curiously to france and after that little trip was done back to germany again. :confused:

well, whatever, the ipod was properly packed and i'm happy with it. total shipping time: 6 days

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have good and bad luck with FedEX. There is an office at the airport, but they only handle 2-day or sooner. I ordered a Time Machine from Apple and it was on the truck to be delivered on Saturday. I waited all day and no show. Then I called and was assurred it would be delivered on Monday. Tuesday, no show. Routine deliveries have to go to Tulsa and the driver could not figure out where I lived. Rather than call and admit to not knowing, she just took it back every time. On Wednesday, I called Apple and told them. They shipped it overnite and I had it the next day. Later Thursday, the Tulsa driver finally found us, and we told her to take her's back.

Luckily, when I ordered my iPad, it was sent for special delivery on the introduction day. I called the local office and told them I would not be home to receive it, so could I arrange to pick it up first thing in the morning. So, while everyone else had to wait for their iPad to show up, I was having a blast.

Last edited:

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx / UPS

For the past decade I've lived in a rural area - "a long ways from nowhere" - and depend on FedEx and UPS for a whole range of things I used to just hop in the car and go fetch. Out of hundreds of deliveries, two have been late - both during snow storms when the plows didn't go out.

We have rural "fire numbers" instead of street addresses, a confusing system. And I have to drive 22 miles to get my mail at the post office because under the USPS "one house per mile of road" rule, we don't qualify for home delivery.

But, as I said, both FedEx and UPS always come through - and the drivers are well enough trained that they always close the gate so livestock doesn't go for a wander after they leave.

I'm a big fan of both companies - life in rural America would be a whole lot less pleasant without them. :)

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also live in the country. I have a lot of stuff delivered by UPS and have never had a problem. But fed ex is a different story. They have never delivered on time and I always have to call and give directions. They tell me the directions will be on file. I guess this file has no bottom, they never seem to find it. I get tired of having to call and loose my patience every time they have a package for me. UPS over fed ex by far...

I also live in the country and have the complete opposite experience than you do!!! Never had a problem with Fedex but always do with UPS.... I can't tell you how many times UPS leaves my stuff out in a rainstorm with no plastic. Sky can be completely black outside and they don't think to put it under a cover or use plastic? What a pain to have to deal with stuff like that.

Last edited:

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping Date Question

The supposed ship date that the Apple Store has on my order is April 21. I noticed today(April 8) that the credit card charge was just posted. Does this normally mean the IPAD 2 shipped early or is this just how Apple operates. Thanks

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a tracking number with a delivery date of Apr 14. Original date was Apr 25.

jeesy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Share you're stories if you have any good ones!:)
Ordered package from the US. Not on their manifest at Stansted so sent back to the US, or maybe they're in London....Fedex doesn't actually know!!!! Currently stalling...promised phone calls not materialising!! Not a great first time Fedex experience, but not an unusual one my research tells me!!

Most reactions

Latest posts