What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

• Multiple times a day

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Once a day

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Once a month

Votes: 36 15.4%
  • Rarely (except OS upgrade/jail break etc.)

Votes: 59 25.2%

• Total voters

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once per week as mentioned above. I use my iPad much more than the computer now.

IanM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dvmweb said:
Once per week as mentioned above. I use my iPad much more than the computer now.

Same here. I'm currently sitting in an armchair with the iPad. Mac Mini is on but only to stream iTunes (Radio Paradise) around my flat. Some evening the Mac doesn't event get switched on.

Yes I know I can use AirPlay but it will only stream to one Airport Express. With the Mac I have Soundsticks and stream to Expresses in living room (hifi) and kitchen (Altecs) and it's wonderful. If the iPad would stream to multiple devices the Mac will go on even less!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Amy0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My iPad is only 2 days old and I've connected it twice. Firstly to set up and secondly to put toy story on.
I NEVER connect my iPhone unless I want more music... Which is quite rare so I suppose the iPad will be the same...

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several times a day right now because I've only had the iPad for a week and a half. That will change though once the new wears off. I did the same thing with my iPhones when I got them but now only sync the phone once every week or two on average.

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connect my iPad to iTunes usually after I'v downloaded around 5 apps, just to sync the new apps to my pc. So how often I connect it to my pc can vary quite a bit, depending on what app bargains are on at the time. :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
M

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I rarely connect my iPad with computer. Most of the documents I work with in iPad is stored in cloud. Those which do not I won't mind if I lose them. The books which I copied to iPad already have copies in computer so no further back up needed.

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It used to be everyday - particularly to sync my contacts with outlook so that at any point in time my contacts are in sync with my other mobile devices (which all sync with outlook). I also transfer movies and documents quite often. When I do that sync in the morning, I usually don't need my laptop all day. I do get upset every time the update to 4.3.3 comes up . My iPad is jailbroken in 4.3.2 and not ready yet to update the jail break

Sent from my iPad using iPF

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just spoke to a rep at Apple this morning and my original reason for calling was not this topic. While I had her on the phone, I asked her how often I should sync my iPad. She told me that I should be doing this once a week. I hope this helps some of you.

BTW and while I'm here (I've been looking all over these discussions and Apple support for days for the answer to this problem.) How do I delete some of my wallpapers that are not only from apps, but also personal pictures? It is getting to be much too crowded. Thank you very much if someone could help me with this.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every two weeks or so. That's about as recent a backup as I need.

madam_octa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plug it in every two weeks, maybe more, only to transfer books or a large amount of apps if there was a huge sale. I don't really care about backup because every important document/note/bookmark is cloud synced so there is nothing I could lose

Most reactions

Latest posts