What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

• Multiple times a day

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Once a day

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Once a month

Votes: 36 15.4%
  • Rarely (except OS upgrade/jail break etc.)

Votes: 59 25.2%

• Total voters

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just make a habit of doing so daily. It's how I charge my iPhone, so I just quickly plug my iPad in for a quick sync, unplug and put it back in the case, and then charge as needed. I like to update my apps all the time-just the way it is for me.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About once a month at most. I like to back up things now and then, especially apps that I like, before I update them. Some times I don't like the updates and am relieved to be able to go back to the previous version.

If I go on a "binge", and buy a bunch of tunes, I need to hook up, in order to dump them into my iPod nano (man, I'd love to do it directly!)

And of course iOS updates, but rumor has it, not for much longer...

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They fired it up for me at the Apple store. Never been connected to a computer since, and it's been over a month since I bought it.

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only when I hear a sing the I need to download and sync. Other than that...nope. Backup maybe once a month or when I need to charge and the only source is my laptop. Syncs automatically when plugged in.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The iPad syncs at least once a day, and often more.

Apart from iTunes being the largest space hogger software ever written for Windows, does it do it's job.

Initially iTunes syncing may not make too much sense, but after a while it just works. iTunes has not once deleted data and even it if would, I could just restore the backup from the day before. I rather sync too often than too little and it's not like syncing requires much input, just plug-in the USB cable into the computer, the rest is done automatically ;)

I agree on the space hogger! That sucks even though I am learning to like iTunes.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Space hogger? On a computer with 1TB of disk space? Even my two year old laptop has a 160GB disk!

I tried dropbox and it took an hour to make 20 songs available. I will stick with iTunes minutes as it took 5 minutes to sync the same thing. Imagine how long it would take to get a movie on to the iPad with dropbox.

I like the idea of dropbox for keeping/sharing copies of documents (I don't know how well it will work for that as I haven't tried it yet) but I don't think it is the answer for media - not until we get the NBN (Australia is very slowly building a National Broadband Network) and get 100Mb...

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connect about once every 10 days for my iPad 2 and IPhone

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once a day for me. May now be less though, because my computer has hardly any more memory space left, so syncing is starting to be a huge hassle.

Just in case something happens to my iPad, I like to have a backup plan.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

batmowes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Around once a week, depending on how busy I am, usually to upgrade apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts